Seventeen

*Owens POV*

"Everyone put your field trip money in the box." Mr. Davidson looks like he doesn't want to be here.

I don't want to be here either.  A few students sigh in annoyance as they take out their money.

Walking up to his desk, I drop in fifty bucks.  I don't know why I'm paying to go on a school field trip to New York when I could just drive there.

Levina and Luna are going, so I'm going to go as well of course.

As I turn around to walk back to my seat I see Madeline looking up at me with a flirty smile, batting her eyelashes.

I roll my eyes and calmly sit back in my seat, leaning back against the chair. I hate these stupid fucking chairs, my legs are too long for this shit.

Madeline doesn't know how to take a damn hint.

I made the mistake of "hooking up" with her last year, if that's even what you want to call what happened, and now she sends me a flirty smile every chance she gets.

I just wanted some head.

She gets up from her seat and "accidentally" drops her pencil on the floor and bends down slowly  to get it, flashing me.  Then she drops her money in the bin with a mischievous smile on her face.

I massage my temples, of course this bitch is going on the trip.

I'm not one to call women rude names, but god she is annoying.

As the word annoying floats around my mind I begin to think of Luna.

That pretty, smart yet dumb, overly positive, strange, awkward, random girl.

I have no idea how she manages to smile so much.  She is also quite unpredictable, saying whatever comes to her mind. It's like she has no filter.

Mr. Davidson drops my graded math test on the desk, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"A+" is written across the top in big red letters.

School is pretty easy for me. It just comes naturally, except I still study a lot.

I plan to have a career in engineering and in order to do that it requires a lot of work and managing to keep good grades. Being an engineer has been my dream job since I was seven.

I know it sounds childish, but I still like to get back good grades and show my mom. Seeing her proud of me makes me feel better. It encourages me to muster up the energy to try to do good.

The bell rings, everyone stuffs their stuff in their backpack and quickly dashes to the door.

I sling my back pack over my shoulder as I begin to walk out, but before I could start down the hallways a manicured hand grabs onto my arm.

"Hey I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime?" She twirls a piece of her long blonde hair with her finger.

"Listen...not to sound harsh, but you tried to suck my dick once. And I barely remember it. I don't like you, leave me the fuck alone." Her smile fades and I walk away.

I know that may have sounded rude, but I don't care. Some people just don't get the hint so you have to be brutally honest with them.

My pace picks up as I walk to lunch.  My day has been kind of boring and I'm intrigued to see what strange thing Luna is going to say today.

I also have the book she wanted to read with me.  She better return it the way I gave it to her.  I don't think I have anything to worry about though because she looks like she cares about her books as if they're her kids.