Forty one

"It's christmas eve! It's christmas eve!" I chant the words over and over again as I jump up and down on the bed.

Owen lays half asleep with the covers up to his neck.

Yesterday I slept over again since his parents weren't home. Except they're gonna be back soon, so I should probably leave within the next hour.

"Shush." Owen groans, his voice groggy with tiredness. He tugs the covers over his entire head.

I drop down to my knees and then let my body fall on top of his as I catch my breath from all the excitement-jumping.

"No." I tug the cover down to his nose and smack a kiss on his forehead.

His eyes are still screwed shut.  It's only seven in the morning, I should probably let him sleep.

Eh, nah.

"C'mon get up and get ready! I wanna go shopping!" Rolling off his body and onto the bed, I slide under the blanket.

"No." He grumbles before rolling over to lay half on-top of me, cuddling up to my side and hiding his face in my neck.

"C'mon! It'll be fun! Omg...we can have christmas sex!" I express enthusiastically.

He chuckles against my skin."Sounds great."

"We need to do last minute christmas shopping. I promised my brother I'd get him a new spider-man figurene thingy." What kind of sister would I be if I disappointed him?

"Your brother is just gonna boss me around with that toy the next time we play his stupid little spider-man game." His lips move against my skin.

"Don't worry, that means he doesn't hate you! He only lets people who he likes play with his spider-man toys.  I remember once he brought them to school and this other boy tried playing with him and Mateo told him that he'd shove the doll up the boy's 'no no places'.  He got called down to the office the next day." I still remember that day, mom was so pissed.

He snorts.  "I'm not shocked."

I run my fingers through his hair and smile.  "Yeah, neither was I."

A few seconds pass.

"Owen?"

"Hjsghdh..." He mumbles incoherent words before falling back to sleep while still on top of me.

I sigh in defeat.   We will be going christmas shopping whether he likes it or not.

~

"Oh c'mon! It looks cute!" I hold the sweater up so I could see it better.

He looks down at me with tired and bored eyes.  "Luna...I love you, but that sweater is ugly as shit."

"Oh c'mon! Don't you think Camila would like it?" I furrow my brows and grit my teeth.  Okay maybe it isn't that cute.

"Do you want the girl to bullied?" He whisper yells.

I roll my eyes and put it back on the rack.  "Fine."

He slips his warm hand into mine and guides us out of Macy's.

This mall is huge and has so many fucking stores I don't know what to look at.