Chapter 3: Battle of Amon Sûl

Chapter 3

"This is talking in elvish."

"This is talking in common tongue."

Thoughts.

Legolas's Pov

It's a 7 day ride to Rivendell. There aren't any attacks on the way, so that is good. When I got there, I saw a red haired man riding his horse into the stables. There are also dwarves coming in. Hmmmm. I'm guessing all the races are meeting up here.

I raced to the stables, unsaddled my horse, Percy, in an empty stall, and unsaddled him. I hand him some carrots to eat. From the journey, I didn't give him a lot of food during the trip, since I really want to get here as fast as I can.

As I walk out of the stables, Lord Elrond comes forward. "Mae govannen, Legolas Thranduillion."

"Suilad," I answered back.

"Come. I'll show you the room you'll be staying in. The council is tomorrow, now that the hobbits with the Ring have awakened."

Wait, what? The one ring has been discovered by another hobbit?

I follow Elrond inside, and show me to my room. I know where I am staying, and Lord Elrond knows that. I have been to Rivendell many times, to visit the twins, Elladan, and Elrohir. Elladan is the oldest of the 2 of them, therefore, the oldest of the 3 children Lord Elrond have. His youngest is Arwen, the only girl in the family.

I enter my room. It's exactly where I had left it. My bed is in the corner of the room. My closet is also in a corner of the room. There is a fuzzy rug that feels like rabbit fur in the middle of the room, and there is my desk facing the window. I undress, took a shower, and do whatever that comes to my mind, until tomorrow's council.

Tauriel's Pov

We've been walking for days now. It is almost nightfall when Aragorn sees a place for us to stay at: Amon Sûl. "We will stay here for the night."

We climbed to the top of the tower, and the hobbits started to take out food to cook. Just as they are starting to cook, Aragorn walks to the hobbits, and he takes out four daggers. "These are for you. Keep them close. I'm going to have a look around. Stay here. Tauriel, please look after them." I nod. Without another word, he leaves us in the tower.

Not long after he left, Frodo woke up, so suddenly. He looks scared, while Pippin is complaining that his tomato's burst.

Merry said, "Want some potatoes, Sam?"

Frodo looked concerned. "What are you doing?"

Sam told him, "We saved some for you, Mr. Frodo."

Merry told him what they had cooked. "Tomatoes, sausages, nice crispy bacon." But, Frodo said something unexpected. "Put it out, put it out, you fools."

Just then, I sensed something in the tower. No. It can't be. How did the Ring Wraiths track us here?

Pippin said something that I didn't hear. I wasn't paying attention.

Then, the Nazgûl's cry pierced through the night. We all unsheathed our swords, and steadied ourselves to fight. The Nazgûls surround us. The fight has started. Sam, Merry, Pippin, and I protect Frodo, not letting the Nazgûls get their hands on the Ring.

The Nazgûls charged at us. They try to stab Frodo, but we block all of their attacks. The fight has finally started.

Third Pov

Everyone fought hard to keep the Nazgûls from stabbing them, but when Frodo wasn't looking, a Nazgûl raised his Morgul blade, and pushed it into Frodo's shoulder. He screamed in pain, and fell onto the ground.

Everyone turned and saw Frodo fall to the ground. We all yell, "Frodo!"

Suddenly, Aragorn runs back to the tower, with a lit torch, and starts to fight the Nazgûls. It is hard for him to attack with one hand, but he did send one of the Nazgûls on fire, and pushed him out of the window. The others have quit fighting, and run out of the tower. The 6 of them have won their first battle together.

A/N

Two things to say.

Number 1, Sorry for the short chapter, I will try to make it longer for future chapters, but I know the next chapter will be short, but for the Council of Elrond, it's definitely going to be longer.

Number 2, Sorry for not posting for the last week. I didn't exactly know what to write for Legolas's part, and I didn't have a lot of inspiration. I will try to keep updating once or twice a week. Enjoy!!!

Thank you for reading!!!