chapter three

Link's Pov

We were at the doctors for about four hours, and they sent me away with a brace and some crutches. It looks like it will be awhile before I drive my baby.

Carmen drove us home in a comfortable silence, I was sitting there just listening to some music.

That night I went to sleep and fell into some of the worst flashbacks of the day mum was shot.

I had ran home from school with my lungs burning as I walked into the living room where mum usually meets me after school. I was standing next to mum when I heard the door slam open, mom got up from the sofa and walked to the entrance way. I slowly followed her but kept myself concealed, that was when I noticed a bulge on the man's hip. About twenty seconds later I find out what that bulge is when he reveals a handgun, I smell the weirdly familiar smell of the metal of the gun as the man shoots and runs. I run forward and hold my mom before she is able to hit the ground.

"Mom, mom stay with me, keep those eyes open, I can't lose another parent please, mom stay with me."I cried out.

I knew this was going to be one hell of a nightmare. When I woke up, Marcus was sitting with me.

"Hey, it's okay."Marcus said, hugging me close to him. I was sobbing into his chest now.

I completely shut off from my emotions and couldn't communicate how I felt, I was all over the place.

After me withdrawing myself I just sat there and looked out the window, i could see on Marcus' face that he was panicking.

He left after two minutes and he left to go and get one of our other brothers.

Trent walked in and crouched down in front of me, he looked me in the eyes.

"Hey Link, I know it's overwhelming everything that's happened but are you just trying to calm down, what am I meant to do?" Trent asked.

Trent, being the concerned brother that he is pulled out his phone from his pocket and must have texted the others because everyone's phones went off at the same time.

I just kept staring at the wall trying to focus on something other than the awful images I had just seen, nothing was helping me. The pain in my leg was really off putting, the feeling of my clothes was driving me crazy, my mind was going crazy from the over stimulation.

The swishing of clothes. The rustle of my brothers. The crinkle of the bedding. The whirring of the air conditioning. The grumbling of electricity. Every little noise was enough to over stimulate my whole being for an eternity.

My brother had left me alone but around three pm I got a call from Freya and everyone else.

"Hey babe I missed you." Nate spoke first.

"Me too I had a rough night. I saw my mum die in my arms again last night." I said.

"Well that sounds like fun." Freya joked.

"Freya, who are you living with, you are my sister. Why aren't you with me here?" I asked.

"I am coming up to Cali this weekend. I was living on the streets, I found my birth certificate so I have proof that I am your sister. Our bitch of a mum hid it well, seems like she didn't want anyone finding out about me like, i am amazing you have to agree with me there." Freya said. She was very lucky the weekend is tomorrow because otherwise I would have gone back to Salem and beat the shit out of her.

I waved goodbye and hung up as one of my brothers walked in from the footstep that it was Marcus and truth be told Marcus was standing there in my doorway.

"Hey you ok?" he asked when I turned around to see him. Unshed tears shone in my already bloodshot eyes.

"I miss Freya." I cried.

"I am sorry but who is freya?" Marcus asked me.

"Just someone from back home but she was like family to me and I really miss her she just spoke to me and I just realized how much I missed her." I explained to him.

He left my room somewhat confused.

I woke up the next morning and my episode was over. I could think straight so I changed into my chill outfit from yesterday and headed downstairs.

"Hey link, do you feel better?"Carmen asked me.

"Yes sorry about yesterday my whole mind was overstimulated. It happens occasionally." i said out apologising.

"No need, it was fine, but who is freya?" Xavier asked me.

"Can I make myself a coffee first please then we'll talk." I said feeling exhausted. I made myself a black coffee and walked over to the table where everyone was sitting.

"When mum left she was pregnant with another child she wasn't showing yet because she was only so far into the pregnancy, on March eighteenth our sister freya was born. No one know she exists because she was born at home, unbeknownst to me the last couple of days she has been living on the streets while trying to get a hold of her birth certificate and she should be heading here today, she is amazing she loves sports and has a fascination with reading and she used to busk with me occasionally." I said explaining just before there was a knock at the door.

"Hi, I am your sister freya." Freya smiled at me before I launched myself at her spinning her as I hugged her.

"God, I have missed you." I sighed ,hugging her tight. All of our brother looked shocked to see her, i don't really talk in front of them or like showing my emotions because i feel weird but Freya is the one person i am totally comfortable around.

She is my sister and she has always been there for me maybe that's why.