neetfif

yukhei sighed as he stepped on the mat of the nice apartment at the address danbi gave him. flowers in his hand, he finally got the courage to knock on the front door.

once he did, he heard the chatter of two people, a male and a female and was honestly wondering if he was at the wrong house until the door suddenly opened and revealed the guy from the ice cream shop.

"oh hey. what's up man?" the guy introduced and all lucas could do was stare, thinking of how it was maybe a set up.

"im sanghoon and i'm guessing you're looking for danbi?" he asked and lucas nodded. he thought it was fine until sanghoon's face dropped.

"what are your intentions with my younger sister?" he asked in a low voice and although lucas was evidently stronger and taller than the boy, he still became frightened like a puppy.

suddenly, the girl appeared right next to sunghoon, pushing him out of the way.

"stop scaring him, sunghoon you asshat." danbi said and pushed her brother to the side before stepping in front of lucas with a smile.

"hi." she breathed out and lucas swore he felt his heart flutter at her smile. to him, it was unreal.

"hi, these are for you." he said and handed her the bouquet which her expression brightened at.

"they're beautiful, thank you. sanghoon, put them in my room please." danbi told her brother who furrowed his brows and took the flowers from her hand.

"whatever you say queen danbi." he said in a sarcastic tone and walked back inside the house.

right when danbi was about to speak, sangholn started yelling the most random stuff.

"danbi this place is a mess! how does your roomie deal with this?!" he shouted and lucas could tell she was now gritting her teeth.

"it's a mess because of you! clean it up before she gets home so she doesn't beat your ass!" she yelled back and lucas stifled a laugh at their sibling relationship. it was pretty similar to his and lianne's.

"you ready?" he asked her and she nodded, taking a hold of the hand he held out.

"don't make a mess!" danbi gave one final yell to her brother before shutting the door, making sure he wouldn't yell back.

the two began to walk down the apartment stairs in silence, not really knowing how to talk.

"so... brother?" lucas asked in an attempt to make conversation and danbi let out a tiny laugh.

"sorry about him. he's a pain in my ass sometimes and loves to go out of his way to embarrass me." she said and lucas laughed at that, knowing he was pretty much the same to lianne.

"i have a younger sister too and it's pretty much the same with us. she's really the best though." lucas said and danbi smiled when she saw the glimmer in his eyes when he said that.

the two reached his car and lucas ran over to the passengers side, opening the door for danbi which she felt her heart flutter at and sat inside. lucas didn't take long to go to the drivers side and buckle in his seatbelt.

"how is it like with you two?" she asked as lucas started the car. she loved the way he brightened up at that, wanting to keep him in a happy mood and definitely get to know more about him.

"she's only younger by a year so we were always pretty close. she's an amazing person. she's always there for me and helping me out when i'm in a crisis or doing something stupid without knowing. she's really kind to everyone until they do something bad to her or her friends and so that leads me to my next thing where she sticks up for everyone. i remember once i was wasted as hell cause my friend gave us alcohol and i had too much and she was the one cleaning me up and making sure i was okay all while making fun of me for being an idiot." lucas said, laughing out at the very faint but hilarious memory.

danbi laughed as well, finding his own laugh beyond adorable and was fascinated at how admirable he was of his sister. it was truly something she hadn't seen and by that, she knew they were very close which did scare her a bit.

"we even have a house together and sometimes, i think it can also count as her boyfriends house too considering how much time they spend together." he said which provided some sort of relief. she was worried that his sister would be one of those possessive types where they never let their brothers get girlfriends but from what lucas had told her, she sounded like an amazing person.

"i'd love to meet her one day. she sounds really nice." danbi said and lucas nodded.

"she is. you'll love her and she'll love you. if all goes well tonight, i wouldn't mind introducing you to her or at least give you her instagram or something." he said and she nodded in response.

"that would be nice." danbi said and lucas looked over at her for a second, seeing how she was genuinely interested in a good way and he couldn't lie, it made him happy to meet someone who was actually taking the effort to try and talk with him. all his previous "dates" weren't really interested in what he had to say and were more focused on getting to his house or theirs.

the two carried on conversation for a while during the drive. they cracked jokes, told each other stories about the other's childhood and embarrassing stories as well.

"you what?!" lucas exclaimed with a loud laughter that danbi found absolutely contagious.

"i didn't know any better! i was literally 7!" she replied and laughed with lucas. she had just finished telling him about how she accidentally almost went home with the wrong person after mistakingly thinking it was her dad and cling onto him the entire time i'm the store until the man realized he didn't even have a kid.

"i just know you scared the living shit out of him." lucas said as he pulled up in a parking spot in front of their date location.

"well, once the both of us realized something was wrong, we both started screaming and people around us thought i was just being a disobedient child while the man was just mimicking me." she said and lucas wiped away the small tears at the corners of his eyes from laughing at all the other previous stories as well.

"so far this has been amazing." lucas said and danbi nodded in agreement. she was really happy she could finally get to know the guy that had been stuck on her mind for the past year and it went far above her expectations.

"now let's really get the date started."