jesus loves me

I pulled my leg to my chin and stared out the window, watching trees and cars fly past in a blur. Kids next to me are singing some song about Jesus and another group stared at me and whispered. Yeah, I get it. Compared to everyone else I was definitely the oldest among them. 19, and my parents thought hey this is our last chance to make our baby girl become a child of God. Next thing I know, I'm getting sent to a Church Camp up in the mountains for a month. I tried my best to keep myself away from the subject but it was just one of those things that your parents wont shut up about, not to mention the "your under my roof!" threats. And here I am now, on a school bus filled with teens, thinking about whether or not I'll be older or as old as the people who run the place.
Turns out, as old. I stood face to face with one of the counselors. She looked sort of nervous, unsure of what to do. I was at least 2 inches taller than her and I could tell she was definitely fresh meat.
"Uh welcome to camp, k," she paused "...kids? Here we will be learning about the importance of keeping God in your heart throughout all your life and diving further into the stories of the bible through plays! I hope you all are excited for some child safe, Jesus filled, holy fun!"
Jesus Christ.
There were some unenthusiastic whoops and a monotone clap. I gave her some pity applause. After all, I'm a guest here, even if I'm older I'm not going to act like I'm above her just cuz we're the same age.
"First I will be showing you all your lodges and then your fun will start!"
We trudged up a dusty hill, I could hear some kids complaining about their bags being heavy.
Despite this situation being rather unfortunate, I could appreciate the fact I didn't have to pay for gas, but still had the ability to smell the sweet forest air. Nature is the best. I closed my eyes for a bit to enjoy the surroundings a more. The wind rustled in a very gentle way. How lovely.
I yelped as my face hit something warm. I was knocked to the ground, dust bellowing up beneath me.
"Oh my, are you alright?" A mans voice called down to me. I stood up, patting my rear.
"Yeah, my bad, wasn't really paying attention."
I came face to face with a man, a clean shaven face and perfectly done hair. He couldn't be much older than me, maybe his early twenties, but his aura screamed ancient wise energy. He looked a bit bewildered.
"Aren't you a bit... old to be here?"
"Yeah, nineteen, just barely made the "teen" cusp to get in." He smiled, wrinkles folded at the corners of his eyes.
"Well no matter, nobody is ever too old to learn about our lord and savior." He said.
I couldn't help myself from a little laughter slipping out. I immediately clasped my hand around my mouth in shock. Shit.
He looked shocked.
"Are you... laughing at me?"
I panicked.
"No, not at you! I guess I'm just not a big uh religion fan I guess so it seemed a bit foreign to hear things like that."
"You aren't a follower of our Lord." He sneered. Oh no.
"Uh, no, I wouldn't say I am." The silence after I said that was loud. Wind rustled the trees. I felt an arm grasp mine. It was the other counselor.
"My apologies, Mr. William's, I lost track of her." She turned to me, "Come on, let's re join the group!"
"Y-yeah." I walked along with her, feeling his gaze follow me.
This is not good.