mother of all

I woke up in a start. Gray sunlight filtered through the dirty windows. The cabin was dark and all the other girls were asleep. The sun hadn't risen yet, but its light leaked over the horizon. It was cold and misty, icy dew dripped off of the greenery. I hopped out of my bunk and pulled on a gray crochet knit sweater and Jean's. I flopped on my dark blue jacket for good measure and wandered out of the cabin. The forest scent was refreshing. I took a deep breath and walked down the maple path. I took a quick look back at the rooms. Boys and girls dorms were technically the same building, but with a wall separating the two, entrances on either side. Really testing the teen spirit there.
I walked the path ahead of me, this one led to the meadow where they play tag, frisbee golf and stuff, if I recalled correctly. Past that is the bridge that leads to the stage and any further than that is just forest and some old abandoned arts and craft station that kids aren't allowed to go to because it might fall. If you took a left from the dorms you get the dining hall. I could hear cooks preparing for breakfast so I took the liberty of not going that direction. My favorite part is the bridge. It makes for the perfect scenery, an old wooden arch with a rushing creek beneath. Usually, the hanging maples will wash the bridge in green light, but since it was rainy, all I could hear is a pitter patter of dew drops falling from leaf to leaf.
"Why, hello there." I jumped from a slight husky laughter to my right. Mr. William's stood at the other end of the bridge.
I grunted.
"Why are you here?"
"Can a man not walk on his own property." He replied, the tight smile still on his face. It was a little more relaxed but his eyes felt a little more sarcastic.
"A man can, but why are you here bothering me?" I stood up straight. He was taller and larger than me. His maroon polo shirt was thight around his arms and chest and his khakis humbled his long legs. I couldn't compete with him in strength or height, but I wasn't standing down.
"Now, don't be like that, no need to be hostile, we're all Gods ch-"
"Stop that, I don't care who or what you worship. You can throw me in whatever humiliating role you want me to, but I'm not gonna bend over that easy." He gawked for a second before the smile came back on his face, his eyes turned dark once more, almost angry. His hands were clasped together and he reached one out to me.
"I've never properly introduced myself, have I? I'm Joseph Williams. Most of the older folks call me Mr. Williams, while most of the kids call me Willy. You don't really fit in either of those categories do you, so you can call me-"
"Joseph." I interrupted him. His dark eyebrows raised. I took his large hand and shook it firmly. "It's nice to officially meet you, Joseph."
I tried to let go of him but he had a firm grasp on me. He pulled me toward him and whispered in my ear.
"I promise you, before you leave this camp, I'll make you submit to me." He let me go and I stumbled back and catched myself on the bridge. His smile returned.
"I'll see you then," He cocked his head over his shoulder, his light brown hair and blue eyes darkening in the shade "Eve."
He walked off and I was left standing in bewilderment. Submit to him? I assumed he had to be talking about God, right? I laid down onto the wooden bridge and sighed. This place was going to be a lot more trouble than I thought.
A couple of hours passed and it was finally time to start activities.
"Okay kids! Here at Camp, we don't like to use our names for legal reasons I won't be going into, so we would like everyone to give themselves a funny nickname that we will call you for the next three weeks. Keep it PG everyone!" The counselor handed out small wooden circular plates on cheap string and some sharpies. I sat away at one of the further tables. The campers who were forced to sit with me had all slid their chairs to the other side of the table. I ignored them, instead focusing on the challenge in front of me. I hadn't really put much thought into an alias so I brainstormed while listening to everyone else's ideas.
"Omg, I'm gonna make mine Kitten and you should be Puppy, that'll be so cute!"
"I thought it was supposed to be PG?"
"Shut up, Brandon."
I saw Peanut, an Elsa and Anna duo, Spirit, Ghost, Grape. Kids these days are really creative. I stared down at my blank slate. My ears perked up to a certain conversation in the back.
"Is that her? The girl who played Eve last night?"
"Yeah, I talked to her last night, she said she couldn't find her pants so she just went on without them."
"I bet she just wanted some attention. That's what all those hell bound whores do to get noticed by men."
They laughed amongst themselves. Oh my, it seems the cats have revealed their claws.
Suddenly I got hit by an idea.
I guess I should reveal mine too.
The counselor walked over to me.
"And what have you picked to be your new name...ah...uh," she never had bothered to learn my name. Nobody had.
I turned the plate to her and her eyes widened comically. I smirked.
"Eve."