home remedies

summary: after using a wax strip incorrectly in his 'forfeit fifa' video, mason comes to you for some help removing the excess.

warnings: a bit of swearing (like one or two words), fluff, mason being a numpty, a very brief mention of sex, i think that's it?

word count: 1.2k (because i can't seem to write anything short)

a/n: i've watched this video far too many times for it to be good for me... i also think it may be because i have a genuine kink for mason in his chelsea training kit

**

"babe?"

mason's voice echoed through the hallway of your flat and you stirred from your place on the sofa. it was a bit later than you'd expected, but the sun was going down and it provided a deep orange hue through the windows and into your living room. you heard mason exchange a quick hello with your housemates before he tiptoed into the living room and poked his head round the corner. you smiled when you saw him, and he waved a cardboard bag of indian food out in front of you. "sorry i'm later than i said," he kissed your cheek as you sat up, "i had to do some... press."

a laugh escaped your lips and you joined him at the kitchen counter and wrapped an arm around his side. "you don't sound particularly thrilled about that."

he kissed your cheek again, and hummed. "no, it was fun actually, did a forfeit challenge with chunkz," you hummed, remembering him mention something about it when you saw him last. "got him in a chelsea shirt and got him to drink hot sauce."

"i'm assuming you won then?" you watched as he plated up the dinner, the scent engulfing your kitchen.

"you could say that." he chuckled, licking his thumb and forefinger free of sauce. you took the plates and took them to the table, admiring him as he grabbed some cutlery from your drawer and grabbed two bottles of water from your fridge. he sat down opposite you and you turned down the volume of the harry potter movie playing in the background.

once dinner had finished, you made your way up to your bedroom, and while mason ran himself a shower and cleaned up from a day of training, you threw his kit in the washing machine so it was fresh for his next session. it amused you knowing you could hear him singing in the shower — today's song of choice was stronger by britney spears — but you never told him you found solace in his shower sessions.

"y/n?"

he called from the en-suite, and you came to your beckon. at first, you thought you'd forgotten to put his towels in there before you'd fallen asleep on the sofa, but realised upon entry that he was wrapped in a towel from the waist down. his hair was dripping down his shoulders and his facial hair had bunched together on his chin as it dried.

"what's up, mase?"

"okay, so y'know how i said i won the challenge earlier?" you nodded, and mason shifted around, so he could get in a comfortable angle to lift his leg up on the toilet seat. before he did so, he raised a finger and wagged it in your face teasingly. "don't laugh okay? i've seen you do this before and i thought i could do it as my forfeit," with that, his leg outstretched on the toilet seat and you noticed a big patch of clumped hair along the front of his right leg, stuck together with what you originally thought was glue.

you stifled a laugh. "mase! what'd you do?"

"i had to wax my leg with one of those stupid wax strips you use," he replied, laughing himself. you pressed your forehead to your arm, and mason saw your shoulders vibrating with laughter and he pushed you with his foot. "i've seen you use them loads of times, i fucked it up and now i have a clump of wax on my leg."

you had to admit, although it was funny on the surface, you knew his leg more than likely felt frustratingly sticky. it wouldn't have been as bad if mason didn't have a lot of leg hair, but — in this situation — unluckily for him, he had quite a lot. "it's a good thing i have some home remedies for this," you kissed his leg just above the wax, "and it's a good job it was your leg and not your.... y'know."

he rolled his eyes and with a laugh, helped you up from the floor, pressing a kiss to your lips when you arrived in front of them. you wandered off towards the kitchen, and he couldn't deny you weren't wrong, but he admired how you always managed to make a joke like that in a situation like this. you came back up after several minutes in the kitchen. "right, quick question - did you heat the pad up between your hands?" you called from halfway up the stairs. he nodded, gesturing how he did so by rubbing his palms together in a forwards up and down motion. he watched as you put bowls and bags down on the vanity, in your own little world as you wandered into the en-suite.

"how did you put it on your leg?" you called from the bathroom. mason furrowed his eyebrows, as if confused by the question. "sideways, straight, diagonal?"

"oh, uh, sideways."

he tightened the towel across his waist as you exited the bathroom with the final things in a small little box. "right," you sat yourself down in front of his leg, "no point in using the hot flannel because otherwise it would've come off in the shower, so..." your voice trailed off and mason watched as you saturated a few cotton pads in a small bowl of lukewarm oil beside you, "oil it is."

the sensation of oil trickling down his skin sent a shiver down his spine and you chuckled, amused that your boyfriend could be so stupid. he wiggled his toes as they rested on your thigh. "how long does this have to stay on?"

"five minutes," you replied, nonchalantly.

he raised his eyebrow and smirked. "i know what we could do in five minutes..."

"no," you rolled your eyes, unamused by your boyfriends attempts to get you into bed. "besides, this might not work and i'll have to try something else."

you pressed the pads onto his leg so they almost stuck to it, and peeled the corners every now and then to see whether the clumps had began to budge. luckily for mason, you could see small clumps starting to peel from his leg and into the pad. he tucked hair behind your ear as you sat between his legs and yawned. he chuckled.

"i promise when this is done we can cuddle in bed all night, and you can pick whatever movie you want."

you hummed, sleepily looking up at your boyfriend, who was admiring you from above. five injures was near enough up, and when you peeled back the cotton pads, the majority of the wax had come up with it in a large clump. mason made a noise of joy when he saw it peel off, and you used the excess oil to smear around his leg while you rubbed at the skin in the hopes of clearing off what was left.

"i love you," he smiled, a big toothy grin on his face. you pressed your nose to his and he puckered his lips, awaiting a kiss.

"i love you too," you replied. "even if you are a complete muppet."

*

i kinda hate this but i also kinda love it... help