⩫Chapter 3 - My Lady⩫

▶LEONARDO P.O.V◀

I was surprised. 

'Why did she come back? is she gonna ask for more money? but i don't have anymore' I thought, still looking at her with wide eyes. 

Looking at me with observing eyes, she soon handed me the box that she had in her hand. When i took the box from her hand, I opened it, inside was the the same gloves that I wanted to buy my mother. 

"how... how did you buy this?" I asked with a bewildered look.

"With money, obviously" She shrugged with an obvious answer. Still, my eyes went back and forth from the box in my hands and to her. I couldn't comprehend why she would help me buy this when she could have bought herself something to eat instead. 

"Why? why did you help me buy this..?" 

Once we looked eye contact, I only realized now, but the look in her eyes really are different. It's like the eyes of a calm adult. 

"Because... I just wanted to" 

"Huh?" 

"Do you really need a reason to help somebody?"  she asked me back with a small laugh. Just before I could say anything else, somebody cut me off. 

"Penelope" She called out in a calm tone. I turned my head toward a beautiful woman, with the same magenta hair and turquoise eyes. I could tell even from afar that she was a really beautiful woman. 

"Mother.." The little girl murmured. I heard her call her Penelope. So that was her name... 

Penelope ran toward her mother and embraced her waist in a hug. Her mother gave her a soft smile before turning her attention to me. 

"Hello, are you Penelope's friend?" she asks me in a gentle voice. I was mesmerized by the face that I stuttered in my words. 

"Uh- Y-yeah!" I answered with a flustered face. The woman just smiled back at me before turning her attention back to Penelope. 

"Dear, It's time to go" she reminded. Penelope looked at me with disappointment, but either way she walked closer to me to bid her goodbyes.