⩫Chapter 5 - "What is it?"⩫

▶PENELOPE P.O.V◀

Reynold stared at me with frowned brows as I stared back at him with the same expression. Irritated. That was what I was feeling. Not bearing the silence anymore, I opened my mouth to speak, but Reynold beat me to it. 

"How long has this been going on?" he asked in a serious tone, eyeing the 'food' that was placed on the table. 

"Oh, I don't know, maybe about 4 or 5 years now... It was long time ago I don't really remember" I answered mockingly. Honestly the food poisoning started a just a few weeks after the necklace incident, When the servants found out that neither the duke nor the young masters even care about what's happening to me. They just did whatever they wanted to me.  

 "Hey, I'm asking you seriously right now! Just how long has that bitch been poisoning you!?" He shouted furiously with clenched fists and gritted teeth. 

"You don't have to know, So stop bothering me" I answered coldly. Reynold opened his mouth to speak but shut it the next second. Reynold then turned and stomped out of the room after answering "Fine, suit yourself" coldly. 

As soon as the door slammed shut, I immediately gave out a tired sigh. I know I already planned to show my true self soon but actually showing it is more tiresome than I thought. Back then, all I had to do was sit on the bed and cast an illusion spell on Emily and half of the room, that way even if Reynold or Derrick barged in here they would still get caught up on the spell. 

After the spell, I would get punished with either probation or starvation. Either is fine since I don't even stay in my room anymore. Thinking about it now... choking Emily today was really refreshing. Since I didn't think of using illusion spells before, she would always look at me with that mocking smile of hers. Seeing her tremble in fear and even getting dragged away like that was quite nice to watch early in the morning.

I stretched my arms forward and sighed once more before calling out to my aide.

"Robin" In almost an instant a figure appeared behind me. He had long orange hair, sharp brown eyes and a mask covering half of his handsome face. Robin wore a tight, black sweater, along with a pants of the same design. 

"Yes, Master" he responded, waiting for his master's next words. 

"Call over a maid from our side, tell them to bring me breakfast." I ordered which he quickly nodded at before vanishing. With a flick of my finger the surrounding items hovered in air a tidied themselves and my white nightgown changed into a simple light-green dress. Moments later a knock came from the other side of my door.