⩫Chapter 6 - Change of pace⩫

{ Vermillian Estate - Afternoon }

▶Leonardo P.O.V◀

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK 

"Young Master" Max called from the other side of the door. Upon entering, I gave him a small nod and continued to look through my annoying paperwork. "I have received a report of an event that happened this morning at the Eckart Mansion" Max stated in which I hummed with a snicker.

"Penny must have made quite an illusion this time for you to call it an event." I laughed, wondering how big the illusion Penelope made... If it's bigger than usual then she can leave Eckhart for least a whole month. Good timing, with the twins finishing their work in the palace and the upcoming party, we can have a lot of time on our hands to catch up. "So? What kind of 'Punishment' did does bastards give this time?" I asked with a scornful snicker. At my question, Max shook his head in disagreement. "The lady had exposed the vicious acts of that sorry excuse of a maid, Emily" Max started.

"It is said from the reports that Lady Penelope Exposed her to Reynold Eckhart this morning. After all of the fiasco, the duke called for the Lady but she refused with the excuse of being sick" With a refresh smile, Max walked his way to my table. standing at the side, he handed me the report from the spies at Eckhart. Once I read the contents, I couldn't help but make a dark laugh. "Looks like she's finally starting" I mused waving the piece of paper in my hand. Max nodded with a smile of agreement. After all these years, She'll finally stop with the illusions and slowly reveal everything she's been up to the past 6 years.

Although there's a limit to how much she'll reveal, it doesn't matter. If it means finally leaving that hell of a home, then so be it. Drowning my mind in deep thought, I didn't even notice that Robin was in the room, speaking with Max by the door . After their conversation, Max turned to me with a smile. "Young Master" he called happily. "It seems the preparations for the party are next to complete" Max informed. I smiled happily at the news and quickly stood up from my seat. Taking my brown coat from the stand, I made my way through the hall in a quick pace. Since Max said the preparations are almost done, I should get going to the main mansion to help out in the final touches.

With Penelope's making a fiasco this morning I'm sure she'd be at the mansion right now. With a flick of my finger, the sight of the lifeless and gloomy hall disappeared and the bright, warm sun filled my senses. I was in the garden of the main mansion. "Ah! Leo!" A small voice called me. It was a cute little girl. She had straight, peach colored hair and clear green eyes. Elizabeth Ludwick, The daughter of our deceased teacher. 

"You're here!!" She cheerfully squealed and ran towards me, embracing my legs in a hug with a smile. Although being a five year old, she's quite an intellectual.