⩫Chapter 8 'Grand party'⩫

{ MAIN MANSION }

▶PENELOPE P.O.V◀

I stood by the balcony of my room, which faced one of the most beautiful side of the garden and, in which, where the party is being held. Chatters and laughter could be heard from the people gathered around the tables, some were standing while others were seated. Every person in the garden were special as they serve under me or the others directly, an example would be Ariel, who serves under me, an orange haired woman with apple green eyes. If I remember it right, she should be in her late 20's by now... 

She's a special merchant, who's famous for being able to craft gorgeous jewelry no matter how bland the gemstone are, she really is quite the figure in the business world. I remember whenever I call her to Eckhart before, under the guise of ordering new jewelry, what I bought were actually just prototypes of our new releases. Now that I think about it.... Derrick would always be a pain in the ass every time I did that. Ugh, petty bastard. 

Looking down one more time at the crowd, I noticed two unfamiliar figures speaking with each other in the corner of the garden. Despite being far away, I can already tell they weren't from any of our divisions or people serving directly under Leonardo and the twins... [ ℍ𝕚𝕘𝕙 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝔼𝕟𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 ] With this spell, their faces can become as clear as day even from a distance. One had dark blue hair and orange eyes. He wore clear, circular glasses and an ordinary, brown-colored suit, with a black tie. He looks like he's talking to his companion, and from his expression, he seems to be troubled by something. In the naked eye he would seem like an ordinary person, but with the enchantment on, traces of a high level illusion magic around his face can be easily noticed. Seeing how their going so far as too put illusion magic, it just confirms that they are the twins guests. Another thing that's caught my attention would be the brown haired, man he's talking to. 

Even with his back facing me, I can see he's no ordinary person just from the way he's dressed. Compared to his friend, he wore an expensive, white, tailored suit, a red shaded cape with both golden laces and white fur on it's edges, and lastly.... While I observe their actions from the high balcony, the man whose back was faced to me, suddenly turned his head. From how his stare shifted to me, it looks like he's noticed my gaze on them, even from far away. Once our eyes met, I looked intently at his black eyes, and instantly found him smirking. 'Even with such a high level spell, it looks like the deep, crimson color of his eyes can't be hidden to well.'

I raised my hand to give him a wave, but stopped at the sound of a knock coming from the door. "Penny!" It was Evelyn. Opening the door, she ran towards me with a tight embrace.  "Penny, all of us are ready now. Don't you think you should change?" She smiled, while releasing me from her tight grip.

'I forgot I was still in my work dress...' with a snap of my fingers, small particles of light surrounded my clothes and changed it into a long, party dress. The color was dark night purple with small, white, lace pearls hanged over the fabric, making it look like stars in the night sky. My wavy, magenta hair that reached my hips were braided in a bun, with small flowers hanging in between. Of course, an outfit wouldn't be finished without accessories. White, daisy shaped earrings hanged on my ears, a necklace with an amethyst in the shape of swan. "You look wonderful, Penelope!" Evelyn smiled me with glistening eyes. 

I smiled back at her, who looked just as beautiful as me. A light orange, long dress that resembles rose petals, peridot earpieces in shape of vines. Her beautiful green hair was neatly styled in a french braid with flower jewels similar to mine. I guess if you put it in a novel perspective, she would look similar to flower princess.