⩫Chapter 11 - End of the Night (Pt.2) ⩫

♣♔♣

♣♔♣

[𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔: ℬ𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝓉𝑜 𝒟𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇 - 𝒷𝓎 𝒯𝒶𝓎𝓁𝑜𝓇 𝒮𝓌𝒾𝒻𝓉 ]

♣♔♣

▶PENELOPE P.O.V.◀

Blinking twice, I couldn't believe my eyes. Ethan and Evelyn's guest is sitting on a tree right above my balcony. 'WHAT THE HELL IS THIS BASTARD DOING!?' Rather than asking directly, I just stared at him with astonishment. "Oh dear, Looks like I got caught" He chuckled, taking a step from the tree and landing on the balcony rails. "What were you doing up there, sir Cal?" "Just being sneaky" He joked with a grin, though he meant to lighten the mood, I didn't feel like laughing one bit. "I'm kidding princess, I was only hoping to see what the little girl was up too" He said, pointing his thumb in the direction of the garden. At the mention of a 'little girl' I immediately thought of one person 'Elizabeth!'. 

Quickly looking down at the garden I saw a the small child walking around the bushes in her pajamas. 'Didn't I just tuck her in?!' I thought. "I saw her going into the garden a while ago but didn't get a good view, so I moved" I eyed him suspiciously but still turned my gaze back at Elizabeth. "Thank you for your concern, but for now... Please go back, I'll go see what Eli's doing" I said, stepping on the rails where he sat. Not even waiting for his response, I jumped, stepping on the tree's thick branche and trunk to support my landing. 

Although I'm more of a mage, considering the amount of undercover work I do, leaping over heights should be a basic need to learn. Walking by the path towards Elizabeth, I could hear footsteps from behind me. "I believe I have already told sir Cal, to go back..." I sighed, not wanting to look back at him. "Thanks for your consideration, princess. But I'm fine" he said, with a laugh, as I was about to talk back at him to go back again, rustling noises could be heard ahead of us so I quickly shut my mouth. "Princes-" "Shh" Sir Cal frowned at my finger that signed for him to be quiet, but eventually stayed silent and watched me from behind. 

▶3RD PERSON P.O.V◀

As rustling noises were made, the little girl didn't care, because there was something much more important that she had to do. 'What is she doing?' Penelope asked herself, still quietly watching Elizabeth from the sides with Cal. No matter how much she thought about it, Elizabeth was clearly drowsy in her arms a few moments ago... So how can she be up right now?! "What do you think she's up to, princess?" Cal quietly asked, taking a better look at the child, covered in dirt. "I don't know, but I'd rather not wait to find out" Standing up from her place Penelope walked towards Elizabeth and stood right behind her. 

As a shadow loomed over the little girl, Elizabeth instinctively raised her head and quietly let out a gasp of surprise. "P-penny!?" Panicking in her place, Cal took the time to stand up from his hiding spot and walked towards Penelope and Elizabeth. "Looks like you had fun playing with dirt. Haha" Though annoyed at his joke, Penelope simply ignored him and turned her attention back to Elizabeth.