Should I be selfish?

"Ok princess," he said, anger still consuming him

"Ok princess," he said, anger still consuming him. "If it's what it takes to get you out of this shit I will" he admitted. He looked at me one last time before he walked away.

It then registered to me; He cared. He really did. He thought about my feelings, how I felt in the situation and made a decision. Even if he wanted to make our friendship grow and be by my side, he knew the best thing to do is to stay away from me. He realized that his staying would only make things worse.

Although we only just met I could tell that Jase was a loving person. But what if I was just falling for the act? If he really cared wouldn't he do something about this mess? He was wrapped up in this mess as much as I was.

UGHHHH this mess was making me so frustrated. He is the one who got me in this mess and unless he decides to fix it he should indeed stay away from me.

The first part of the day passed by rather quickly. I made it through half the day without being harassed or bullied, which, now I really thought of it, was weird.

Katy got to school after lunch I asked her why she was so late she said her therapist made her stay an extra session.

The anniversary of her parents' accident was next week and I could already tell that she was on edge. It's a huge thing for her, although I try to help in any way I can she refuses help and shuts herself out.

We stood next to my locker as April approached us. "Hey" she greeted. It didn't even take her a minute to tell Katy everything that happened this morning.

"THAT BITCH!" Katy growled in anger. "Hey, Katy I'm ok. I already made it through half the day, I avoided everything. It even seems like nothing happened" I explained hoping that would get her to calm down.

"You don't know do you?" April stared at me blankly. "Know what?" I asked completely oblivious. "Before the first period when you ran off  Alec met Vanessa in the hallway. People said that they were arguing but they couldn't hear what they were saying" she paused for a moment. "Apparently he shouted at her to stop making people she doesn't like feel bad by using her popularity as a weapon. He shouted at her for spreading rumors about you. Lastly, he told her to delete all those messages and everyone got an apology message saying that the rumors were not true and to stop spreading them"