ten

t.w. mentions of abuse

"Wake up!" Lily yelled as she smacked Mary's face with a pillow.

"Let me sleep" Mary groaned, her eyes still closed.

"Mary. Gabrielle. McDonald," Lily fumed and hit Mary's face with a pillow between each word, "Get your lazy ass up and into the bathroom before I force you too."

Mary opened her eyes and pouted, her brown hair a tangled mess, "Why?"

"Because we have class in less than an hour." Marlene smiled sarcastically at her as she got out of the bathroom.

"WE HAVE WHAT?" Mary immediately sat up. "IN A WHAT?"

"Class, Potions, to be more specific," Marlene shrugged as she started to brush her hair. "In less than an hour."

"Oh my fucking god," Mary muttered under her breath as she rushed to the bathroom. She rushed out a minute later, putting toothpaste on her toothbrush, "Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

"I tried," Lily pointed at Mary, her hand wrapped in her tie. "You wouldn't wake up. Didn't even move a single finger."

"A girl needs her beauty sleep!" Mary yelled from inside the bathroom.

"As long as that beauty sleep allows us to get breakfast on time, it doesn't matter." Marlene shrugged and turned to Lily. "Ponytail, braid, or leave them open?"

"Leave them open." Lily nodded.

"What is with you and food?" Mary took out her towel from her trunk and rushed into the bathroom with her school robes in her hand.

"It's necessary to survive Mary," Marlene called out. "And I would really love to live, you know?"

"Do we have to go?" Marlene groaned as she looked at the other Gryffindors. "If we miss one class I don't think the mountains would drop down and the world would burst into flames."

"Yeah." Sirius nodded. "But if we miss this class, it would be worse than just fire."

"Oh god." Marlene buried her face in her arms.

"What's so wrong with Potions?" Remus asked.

"It's with Slytherins." Sirius grinned.

"Not everyone has a good partner Sirius please shut up." James groaned. "Malfoy. I have to sit with Malfoy."

"I'm sorry I forgot." Sirius bowed his head solemnly.

"Please your partner could not be worse than mine." Mary scoffed. "I sit with Snape."

"Ah," Remus looked extremely pained.

"Oh." James winced.

"I'm so sorry Mary." Peter nodded.

"You Mary McDonald," Sirius looked at her as he pretended to wipe fake tears. "Are a brave survivor."

"Thank you." Mary nodded. "I think I deserve five galleons each from you."

"No." Marlene shook her head and returned to her toast.

"Pass." Lily looked at the brunette with a mock sad look. "And Severus isn't that terrible."

Everyone else ignored Lily's last statement.

"Sorry." Peter shook his head.

"Absolutely not." Remus scoffed.

"Why don't you give me ten for sitting with Malfoy." James raised an eyebrow. "Then I'll give you five."

"No." Mary rolled her eyes and turned to Sirius. "You? You're rich, you should give me twenty. What would you even do with all that money?"