eighteen

"Finally," Astraea rolled her eyes as Evan made his way to the changing rooms. "If you don't want to show up at seven, don't schedule quidditch practice at seven."

"Sorry," Evan made a face as the two entered the room. "I had to inform our new chaser."

"Oh," Astraea nodded. "That reminds me, you didn't tell me who it is! Who is it?"

"You'll see," Evan patted her shoulder, looking very sympathetic.

"Why are you making that face?" Astraea raised an eyebrow.

"What face?"

"The one where you feel sorry for us," Regulus appeared behind Astraea's shoulder and the raven-haired chaser nodded.

"Maybe I do," Evan gave Astraea a look and her eyes widened.

"You did not choose her!"

"I didn't have a choice," Evan shrugged.

"You could have chosen anyone else!" She groaned. "What about that second year? He was good."

"Look," Evan looked at her. "I really didn't want to, but Malfoy plays good, even you can't deny that-"

"Not better than me," Astraea muttered.

Evan rolled his eyes as he continued. "-And I'm not losing the quidditch cup to Potter again, it's my last year, let me have this one. Next year, when you'll be captain you can kick her off and take the second year."

"He'll be in third year then, and I still might have to keep her." Astraea held up her hands in exasperation. "Because I'll have to choose someone as your replacement too. What if no one next year is good? I'll have no choice but to take Malfoy."

"See!" Evan grinned. "You understand my problem."

"Shut up," Astraea crossed her arms.

"Come on," Evan rolled his eyes. "You won't die if she joins the team."

"Fuck off," Astraea snapped at him and sat on an empty bench as she glared at the ground.

"What's up with her?" Evan furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the girl scowling at the two beaters whose grins faded into confusion. "She's usually less snappy."

"Let her be," Regulus shook his head slightly. "She's pissed off at the world and the smallest inconvenience sets her off now."

"Oh," Evan's eyes widened as he nodded in realization. "Is it because of the fight-"

"Yes." Regulus cut him off coldly and went over to Astraea and pushed her to the side and sat next to her. The grey-eyed girl scowled at her brother who grinned at her and handed her a chocolate frog. She rolled her eyes but took it anyway.

Regulus poked her cheek and Astraea slapped his hand away. The raven-haired girl muttered something and Regulus scoffed and his smile dropped as his mouth twisted into a scowl.

Astraea let out a laugh.

"I swear to Merlin, this whole family is weird." Evan shook his head as he looked at the pair of siblings.

"You're a part of it!"

"Don't remind me, Reg."

"You're late," Astraea crossed her arms as Victoria entered the room.

"I was busy," The blonde girl scowled and looked towards Evan. "So, when-"

"What were you doing at seven-thirty on a Saturday morning?" Astraea raised an eyebrow.

"None of your business," Victoria snapped at her before turning back to Evan. "So, when are we starting?"