twenty three

Astraea was immediately tackled into a suffocating hug by Isabella Fawley as soon as she had entered the Slytherin common room.

"Hey- Iz, you know that thing called air?" Astraea gasped out. "Yeah, I need it to breathe."

"Sorry," Isabella let go. "But I haven't received a letter from you or the boys for a week, a person gets worried, you know."

"Sorry," Astraea grimaced. "Mother dearest confiscated my owl. The last time I used Storm was when I sent all those Christmas gifts."

"What happened now?" Isabella frowned.

"Well, she may have entered my room when I was in the bathroom and may have found the muggle studies book on my bed." Astraea pulled up the left sleeve of her sweatshirt to her fingers and Isabella's frown deepened as she noticed the action.

"Very unfortunate," Evan spoke up from behind the raven-haired Slytherin. "Now let me pass through, you're blocking the doorway."

"No," Astraea turned around and gave him a sarcastic smile before she moved to the right and blocked the doorway even more. "How was your break, Izzy?"

"Are you kidding me?" Tiberius rolled his eyes.

Isabella stifled a laugh. "Alright, I guess. It was a bit boring alone."

"What about Reg?" Astraea furrowed her eyebrows, completely ignoring the two boys behind her.

"Oh, he spent more than half of his time with-"

"No one!" Regulus Black entered the common room and crossed his arms. "I didn't spend my time with anyone, I was all alone, no other person at all."

"Emma Vanity?" Astraea raised an eyebrow and Isabella laughed and nodded.

"I hate you," Regulus rolled his eyes.

"Lovely to see you too Reggie," Astraea grinned at the younger boy.

"Very nice," Evan rolled his eyes from behind Astraea. "Now for fuck's sake, get out of the way. I want my bed."

"Ask politely and you shall receive," Astraea sent the boy a sweet smile.

"About that," Evan sighed and pushed Astraea out of the way. "I don't know about the term."

"I'm filing a divorce." Astraea scowled playfully at him as Tiberius entered the common room and was also given a suffocating hug by Isabella.

"We aren't married yet, but please do," Evan leaned against the wall. "I can't wait to get away from you."

"Feelings' mutual then," Astraea grinned and Evan nodded. "Oh, and you should know that you're not getting your bed anytime soon."

"What?" Evan stood up straight. "Why not?"

Astraea simply pointed at Tiberius and Isabella who had entered the boy's dormitories, where Tiberius and Evan shared a dorm.

"You could go, of course," Astraea shrugged. "But then you'll witness something I would never want to see."

"Disgusting," Evan made a face as he looked at the door which led to the dormitories for the boys.

"You could use my bed if you really want to sleep that bad." Regulus let out a laugh and sat down on the couch. "The dorm's empty."

"Thanks, Reg," Evan grinned at him. "You're the only true friend I have."

"He'll only be your truest friend until he ditches you to hang out with his girlfriend," Astraea added pointedly and Evan gave her a sheepish smile.

"I said I was sorry."