005

You and Ken sat at the table, you were terrified as if he was going to disown you or something. You don't know why he would though, he's stated multiple times he doesn't care about your sexuality. Why would anyone have to have a say in that anyways?

"Y/N.. I'm not mad at you for flirting with a girl and al-" Ken started as you cut him off, "I wasn't FLIRTING with her SHE flirted with me first thank you VERY MUCH. Go on." you said to him making a statement. "As I was saying.. you realize Emma is Mikey's little sister either way?" Ken finished saying. It seemed like he had more to say but you decided to respond now. "Yeah? He's protective of her but it's not like I'm gonna eat her like a snake or something. What kind of girl would you take me for Ken?" you said to him, pissed off.

"Look I know you have no bad intentions but Mikey is gonna be very wary of you, just so you know. In case you and her ever get intimate and date and stuff.. you know what I mean?" Ken told you. You started blushing. 'INTIMATE? NO. That will never happen. Why did he even say dating AFTER intimate? Marriage before sex? Isn't that common sense.' you thought to yourself, once again getting lost in your thoughts per usual. "Just be careful Y/N" Ken said as he stood up and put in his headphones then walked away.

*A few days later*

~ DING DING DING ~

Your phone was going off, per usual.. yet this time it was from someone special.

MISSED CALLS:
Emma Sano ^••^
Emma Sano ^••^
Ken (ง'̀-'́)ง
Mikey Sano ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
————————————
Emma Sano ^••^
————————————

Emma:
hey! i'm at college getting a few things. is it ok if i stop by your place on the way to the coffee shop if you wanna hangout or study?

Y/N:
yesss totalky that's fine with me, just let me know when you're hsre ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Emma:
lmfao great spelling, i'll see you in a few 😋

————————————

As you rushed to put on your best outfit, (at least for this occasion anyways..) you waited for Emma to get there.

~ DING DING DING ~

It was the doorbell, Emma must be here! You ran downstairs to see Emma, smiling as brightly as ever. As you both arrived at the coffee shop you ordered the usual, then you and her started studying together. This became a regular occurrence and oddly enough.. nothing weird happened? Everything was just normal. Until about a month of hanging out Emma had something important to tell you.

"Soo y/n, you know that we are probably best friends at this point now right?" Emma said seriously. "Yes we are close I would say, is something the matter?" you asked Emma, genuinely confused. "Well..." Emma started saying with a small sigh.

"Y/N, I like you."

Emma's face was flushed with red and pink. Even some of her neck was red and pink as well from all the blush. It must've taken her so much courage to say that.

"I've liked you since the beginning."

As Emma said that last sentence, you also started blushing. You both have liked each other this whole entire time and completely ignored it up until now. You couldn't believe what you were hearing.

"Emma look, I've liked you since the start too but.. if you want to date right away that's not what I'm looking for. I don't know if you're just using me to see if you like girls.. or so many other bad things. I just don't want to figure out you're someone I didn't want you to be. I'm just not ready yet, I'm sorry." you said to Emma starting to tear up slightly. Emma smiled and teared up a bit as well. "Y/N I never asked to date straight away or for you to get on one knee, I just wanted to tell you I liked you since I feel like if I didn't know I never would have told you." Emma said, now crying. It's true, she did like you a lot, and she had no bad intentions.

"I'm sorry Emma, I didn't mean to offend you or anything I promise, I just think we need to get to know each other a little bit more before deciding everything." and with that last sentence, you got up and headed straight home, a single tear rolling down your face. You didn't know if it was a happy or sad tear, but what you did know.. is what you felt is relief. Relief that she liked you back, that she didn't have any bad intentions, or so you think so far.. just the wave of comfort and uncertainty it all gave you was too much.

You stormed into the house running to your bedroom. Locking the door and going straight to sleep, or at least you tried.

"Hey! open the damn door woman!" Ken shouted. you hesitated at first knowing tears were rolling down your face still. As you opened the door Ken rushed in the room looking around to make sure nothing was odd or out of place. "Hey! What the hell?! Storming into the house like you're in a drama!" Ken shouted at you, it wasn't anger that he was yelling at you with, but worry. "Ken calm down, I'm fine.. I'm not crying because I'm sad or down about something, gosh." you said, wiping your tears. "See? I'm fine, now let me sleep" you said trying not to burst out crying again. "No, sit down and tell me everything." Ken said sternly. As you did as he told you, he let out a little 'Wooooooow' and 'OMG' here and there, but it felt good to tell somebody about it.

"So you're telling me you two like each-other but aren't dating..? Is this because of what I told you about Mikey? Don't worry about him anymore, I got him for you! Go get your girl." Ken said. you laughed a bit, "It's not that it's just I'm not physically nor mentally prepared.. you know how my relationship with Leana went. She used me just to leave me for some boy because she 'Doesn't even like girls'.. remember?" you told Ken. "Look Y/N, I know you might have some trauma or what not from that, but not everyone is like Leana! She was.. well she still is, a huge asshole." Ken said. you nodded your head in a 'I guess so' way, then told him to get out so you could actually sleep. He didn't budge, so you had to personally kick him out yourself.

"Goodnight"