Chapter 3: The Dranokin

N/A

This book is copyrighted! Any use or plagiarism of this book will not be tolerated and immediately taken down. For new chapters, you can find them updated on Webnovel for you to purchase if you want to support me. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, China Town

2:00 pm

Jace walks down the crowded street to a small restaurant. He pulls his collar up against the cool breeze and looks to see if he's been followed. His dark, honey eyes dart from side to side until he is satisfied that no one is paying him any mind. He walks up to the door and pulls it open. He takes one last look and steps inside.

The smell of rice and liquor floods his nose. Jace nods to the owner, who nods for him to enter the VIP section, flashing red, slitted eyes. Brushing his black hair back, Jace steps through the beaded curtain. The quiet from earlier is interrupted by loud chatter and laughter along with silverware scraping against porcelain. The tables lining the walls are covered in plates and booze or cards and booze. He looks around until his eyes land upon the person he was searching for.

Smoke plumes from his nose as a sideways grin slides over his full lips. His body was instantly hotter than before. He's used to it by now; as he grew up with it. A pair of ash-brown eyes look at him through hooded lids covered in smoky eyeshadow. Long lashes blink like a wave. Big, pouty lips that never seem to smile are painted as red as the blood running through Jace's veins. He licks his lips as his eyes travel down to the long, caramel legs sliding out of the equally long, purple silk dress encasing her wide hips and slim waist. Raven hair rests atop her head in a curly mass.

The sable woman looks at him with a hint of sultriness in her hooded gaze. He strides up to her table and looks at her enticing physique.

She has curves in all the best places.

Her voice floats up to his ears as though she were an angel.

"Jace, I was wondering when you were going to show up. After our talk last night, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist the urge," her pouted lips curl at the corner as she smirks.

"Well, I had to make good on my promise," he says smirking back as he leans down and kisses her hand.

"Samone."

Jace sits down across from her at the small table and waits for her to speak. She looks at him in the most enticing way as her lips part slightly and she uncrosses her legs to recross them.

"I asked you here to do a job for me. With your "unique" talents, it shouldn't be very difficult."

Jace sits up a little straighter and trains his eyes on her. Samone licks her dark red lips seductively as he watches.

"What's the job?" Jace asks as he clasps his hands in front of him on the table.

"It's more of an errand, really. You just have to go pick up an item for me and bring it to this address," she states as she places a small card and an envelope in front of him.

"Your payment will be there when you hand it over. This envelope tells you everything you need to know about what you're retrieving for my associates."

Jace looks at the envelope and places it and the card inside the inner pocket of his leather jacket.

"Make sure you are alone when you look at its contents. They're a bit," she pauses for a moment, chuckling.

"Sensitive."

He nods, his eyes hard as he focuses on his assignment. He moves to stand and leave, but she raises her hand and looks at him with lustful eyes.

"Perhaps, you'd like to give me a ride back to my house before you head off on your errand?" she asks as she looks at his groin and then up at him.

"Sure," Jace says with a chuckle.

Why the hell not? After all, a little fun couldn't hurt.

She hangs her hand out for him to take. Jace helps Samone stand and she hooks her arm around his as her guards call her chauffeur to bring the car around front.

He looks down at her as she slides into the limo, thinking about everything he was going to do to her once she let him. No doubt, she was thinking the same thing as her eyes darken even more. They sit in the back while her guards ride in a separate car behind them. Samone puts her hands on his chest and pushes him back, reaching around him to grab a bottle of champagne and two flutes. She pops the cork and laughs as it begins to pour over. Jace takes the flutes and places them under the overflow, capturing the champagne.

"A toast, to a successful business," she says with a brow raised and a mischievous smirk on her lips.

"To success," Jace cheers.

And those long legs. They're endless.

Jace can't stop thinking about the many things he wanted to do with those legs as they sip their alcohol and chat absentmindedly. Once their flutes were empty, she took them and set them aside. Her eyes turn to slits as if she were a predator eyeing her prey. She pounces on him, latching her lips to his. His hands grip her side and cup her jaw as they kiss hungrily. Samone's hands find their way into his hair, messing it up a bit.

They don't pay any attention to the world passing by them as they keep their hands on each other and their lips attached. The driver asks her something and she waves him off as Jace trails his lips down her neck. His teeth graze her soft skin and she shivers, making him chuckle.

Her skin is so soft. She smells like a bonfire in Fall.

His thoughts run wild as his hands and lips explore her skin and mouth. The limousine comes to a stop before they are ready. Samone pulls away from him, her lipstick smeared at the corner of her mouth. Jace's hair is unkempt from her fingers running through it as well as lipstick on his neck and face. He smiles at her eagerly as he fixes his hair and wipes away the lipstick from his face. She wipes the corner of her mouth with her thumb and adjusts her dress accordingly before the door opens.