Chapter 6: Felix

N/A

This book is copyrighted! Any use or plagiarism of this book will not be tolerated and immediately taken down. For new chapters, you can find them updated on Webnovel for you to purchase if you want to support me. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, Valencia Antiquities

7:00 pm

His bone-thin face smiles at her with hungry and triumphant eyes. He leans forward and whispers into her ear.

"I think we should talk somewhere more... Private... Don't you?"

His breath on her ear makes her spine quiver in disgust. She doesn't know if she should run or punch him. She looks at the humans walking aimlessly around the small store and then back to the door. Escape is just before her and she can almost feel the dwindling sunlight on her face. Trill bites her lip and lets out a heavy breath.

"Alright, Felix. Where would you like to go?" she asks, giving in.

Trill would much rather not cause a scene as Felix has no qualms about killing anyone to get to her.

Felix removes his cane from her path and gestures, like a gentleman, to the door. As she walks out, she is quickly stopped by his guards. Two men resembling secret service, dressed to the nines in suits and ties. Trill can see herself in their black shades as well as Felix. They guide her to Felix's limousine and they take their seats; one in the front and the other across from her. She looks at the man's large, indistinguishable features, curious as to where Felix had found them.

9:00 pm

They sit in the car in silence as the city flashes by outside. Trill sits with her hands clasped in her lap. She rubs her thumb over the nail on her index finger, unnerved by the whole situation. The car stops and she looks out the window feeling uneasy. Felix reaches a hand out to her and she hesitantly takes it.

He helps her out, placing his hand on the small of he back, and gently pushes her forward. Once they reach the door to the large building Trill had never seen before, one of the guards opens it for them and they walk in. The vast establishment is dimly lit and Trill takes no time to adjust to it while looking around. She notices Felix nod to someone greeting patrons as they bypass the line of people near the door. The woman nods back and returns to some disgruntled businessman. Felix's hand presses against Trill's back, guiding her to a booth in the back of the room, before gripping her shoulders and forcing her to sit.

Her eyes wander from the two guards back to Felix. He looks at her with a smile similar to a hungry alley cat; toothy and menacing. She scans the room for escape routes before he begins to speak.

"I'm so happy that I found you in that quaint little shop. I thought I would find something from my past there. Maybe a handmade vase or a flower basket, perhaps."

His eyes flash yellow as he smirks, knowing it would cause Trill to become angry.

"Somehow I doubt that you'd find such a thing considering the last one I ever saw was burnt to a crisp," she spits through gritted teeth.

Felix reaches across the table and slams her face into the smooth surface, holding her there as blood gushes onto the shining wood.

"Do I need to remind you to behave, Trill? I have no problem rehashing the rules I drilled into you as a child," he sneers as his claws extend from his fingers.

"No, Felix," Trill says in a strained voice.

"That w-won't be necessary. I-I'm sorry for being rude."

"Good girl," he says with a smirk and releases her.

She straightens up and Felix swipes a finger through her blood on the table. Trill watches in disgust as he sticks the finger in his mouth and growls in satisfaction. His smile nauseates her as she sits there and watches.

His eyes flick to her and he sighs before speaking.

"You've sent me on quite the wild goose chase, Trill. I've been looking for you ever since you ran off. How could you do that to the only father you've ever known?"

He looks genuinely hurt as he says this and Trill scoffs.

"You were never anywhere close to being my father. Not even a father figure. There was nothing fatherly about when you stole me," she says with an even tone despite her boiling insides.

"Well, I thought I did right by you. I taught you to fight. I raised you as though you were my own and, more importantly, I loved you. Was that not enough?" he asks with emphasis.

"What you showed me was not love. The things you did; no father should ever do. The physical scars I have are proof of that," she seethes.

"I did those things to teach you a lesson. If you hadn't misbehaved, then you wouldn't have been in the shed. Those "beatings" taught you to defend yourself. Scars are the roadmap to our success, " Felix states with a smile.

"And when I was seventeen? What was the lesson in that?" Trill asks with her arms crossed as the blood from her nose starts to dry on her lips and chin.

"That was to teach you to adapt, which you did. You passed with flying colors even though your approach left a little to be desired," he speaks nonchalantly with a dismissive wave and a shrug.

"If you ever thought of me as "your daughter" then you wouldn't have done that, " she sneers with a scowl.

"We never got to talk about it and that's because the next morning you were gone," Felix says as he adjusts the cuffs of his suit sleeves.

"I wonder why," Trill says sarcastically.

"That night was the last straw for me. It's burned into my brain as the second worst experience in my life, the one that sickens me the most. After that, I decided to leave once and for all."

"Killing six of my men on your way out. I knew I trained you well when I awoke to the bloody massacre. I was so proud and you were silent. I didn't even wake up," he smiles, his eyes shining with adoration.

Trill blatantly looks to the front of the diner, trying to avoid the look in his eyes. A commotion pricks her ears and she looks to see a small dispute between the hostess and a hostile drunk.

Humans...

She smirks to herself and looks for a way to make the scene worse so she can escape. A clear line of chaos presents itself for her and she sticks her foot out to trip a server as they walk past. They fall forward, dropping the tray in their hands on an angry woman's head in front of Trill.

The woman screams as iced water freezes her face and soaks her pale dress, making it transparent. A nearby patron notices and stares, causing his girlfriend to slap him. He falls off his bar stool and knocks another tray into a server, who gets burned by some soup and slips on a piece of ice. She falls onto an elderly man's lap, breasts first. The man grabs his chest and slumps over as the server screams. The entire establishment fills with screams and chaos to the point that even Felix rises from his seat to investigate the commotion. Trill takes that moment to slip through the kitchen and out the back door. The roars of pure anarchy can still be heard by her as an ambulance pulls up. She notes that none of the humans inside were too badly injured, suspecting that the old man only needed a pacemaker and she closes her eyes. With a sigh, she wipes the dried blood from her face with a napkin she took from the kitchen. Trill hastily hails a cab as relief fills her and she relaxes, her eyes shining under the full moon's light passing through the window.