tantrums

"What are you doing here?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"We're a team, you and me," Mila smirked.

"I'm here because my mate wants to go to another pack... Unmated." Mateo grumbled.

I chuckled as my eyes welling up with tears. "Oh, Ayla... Don't cry." Mila rushed over to me. She placed her fingers under my eyes. I snorted, throwing my head back laughing.

When we were younger, if either of us ever started crying, we would hold our fingers under the other eyes and catch them before they fell... We didn't think we were crying then because nobody could see our tears.

"This is your pilot speaking. We will be setting off in five minutes. Please remain seated for the takeoff. We will be arriving in Devon in approximately twelve hours. Thank you for flying with Toronto Private Jets."

12 hours? This is going to be the longest flight of my life.

I fastened my seat belt as I took a deep breath. I glanced over at Mila and Mateo. They were smiling and giggling at each other. He had hold of her hand, and she had her head rested on his shoulder. I had to look away, as much as I am happy for her... It was hard to watch.

The jet took off, and I gulped. This was it; the first step to sorting my life out.

I woke up, rubbing my forehead. "What's up?" Mila asked.

I rested my head in my hands. "He's trying to mind link me... It's giving me a headache." I grunted.

"Do you want me to tell him to leave you alone?" Mateo questioned, peering around Mila.

I don't see the point. He's probably been told to leave me alone, and he hasn't. I'm going to have to deal with it and hope he eventually gives up.

"He won't listen. I'll just keep ignoring it." I answered with a groan.

"You're doing so good, Ayla." Mila praised. I nodded and looked out of the window.

I didn't feel like I was doing good. I wanted to let him in so bad just so I could hear his voice. I feel exhausted; I feel like I haven't slept in days. When I saw my reflection in the mirror before I left, my eyes were dull and lifeless. I have lost myself, and I have no idea how to get me back.

"Ayla, love, we're here." Mateo gently shook me.

I fluttered my eyes open. "Thanks for waking me," I yawned. He nodded and went back towards his seat. I unfastened my seat belt and stood up. I lifted my arms above my head and stretched.

Once we get to the Dark Wolf pack, I need to let Athena out. She's been cooped up for too long.

"James is waiting at the bottom of the steps with your suitcases." Kelly, the flight attendant, mentioned. "Thank you, Kelly," I replied with a smile. "Enjoy your stay in England, Miss Harding, Miss Diaz, and Mr Quinn." She bubbled before she went to the seats.

I stepped down the stairs and glanced around. We were in a random field, just the same as when we were in Toronto. They were really keeping everything hush. I owed Alpha Miles everything for doing this for me.

We moved forward while the jet got ready to take off again.

A guy came walking towards us. I can smell he was a wolf. He had black hair, which looked wild and messy, but it didn't look bad... He actually pulled it off. He has a scar over the left side of his face, and his eyes are so unique. They're white, but also silver, they remind me of diamonds. His jaw tightened as he saw me looking.

"Do you want to ask something?" He turned to me and I suddenly felt small. I'd offended him by looking at him, Goddess, I'd not been here long.

"I just was-" He interrupted me by nodding and holding his hand up.

"My father clawed me when I was younger. Because he was an Alpha and my father it didn't heal and I'm left with this scar." He sounded like he was relaying something. He must get asked that question a lot.

"I'm sorry that happened to you... But that's not what I looking at." I took a deep breath and smiled up at him. "I was admiring your eyes and I know how creepy that sounds," I giggled, "but they're so unique, they remind me of diamonds," I explained.

He gave me a dazzling smile which pulled one from me. "Thank you," He chuckled. "Anyway, you must be Mateo?" He asked looking at Mateo.

"I am. It's nice to meet you..." He held his hand out and the guy took it, "I'm Caleb... It's nice to meet you." He greeted.

He turned to me and held his hand out, "I'm Ayla," I greeted as I shook his hand, "And this is Mila," I pointed at Mila and he shook her hand too.

"Well, we can either walk back to the pack or we can go in wolf form. Your wolves must be itching to come out." He chuckled.

We nodded and grinned. "You can leave your clothes here, I'll get someone to collect them later. Clothes are waiting for you." He explained.

I turned and found a big enough tree to use. Werewolves are constantly stripping off and shifting into their wolves so some wolves don't care about the nakedness of others. Me, on the other hand, I'm so self-conscious about my body. I have to practically hide just to shift.

I crouched down as I felt the beginning of the shift. I close my eyes and let myself go through the process. It doesn't hurt, it just feels weird and uncomfortable sometimes but once the shift is complete. The feeling is euphoric.

If a human ever saw us shifting, I would bet money on them throwing up... I did when my brother first shifted, I was only 14 and terrified that I had to do it two years after.

My bones started slowly growing and snapping in different directions, I got on my hands and knees before they finally popped into place, my arms and legs were no longer in human form.

I arched my back as my spine stretched, I held my head back as my face morphed into my wolf. After my arms and legs had shifted the rest was quick.

I panted as the shift was complete. My wolf is brown, well lots of different shades of brown. I shook my fur out and stretched. It felt good to be in wolf form.

"Your link is back open. Ayla, where are-"

I quickly put the mind block back up. I forgot the mind link opens automatically when in wolf form. My chest tightened and I felt the familiar pull of the bond fighting against the distance. A mix between a howl and a growl escaped past my muzzle.

Deep breaths, Ayla.

It will pass, just like before.

In wolf form, it was stronger. I stumbled and my legs gave out under me. A flash of white appeared in front of me before I hit the ground. I was being held up by a white wolf. I turned my head to look at him.

He was pure white. He was stunning, I thought white wolves were extinct. There hasn't been a sighting of a white wolf in years. Maybe this pack is more special than they realise.

He whined and nudged his snout under my muzzle. I think he was asking if I was ok because I'm not in his pack, he can't link me. I bobbed my huge head and he plodded back out to the others. Mila was stood in her dusty grey wolf with Mateo's jet black wolf rubbing his fur all over her.

He was scenting his mate, wards others off and shows she has a mate. It's quite cute. Werewolves are very territorial, kinda like a kid with their favourite toy and someone tries to take it. Kids throw tantrums and werewolves are no different.

Once he was content with her scent mixed with his, we set off towards the Dark Wolf pack. I was nervous and excited about my new start.