sense of humour

After having warm milk with Lila, Alpha Leon took her back to bed. She made me promise I would watch Frozen with her. I couldn't say no to her; she's just so cute!

I rinsed the mugs before heading to bed. I feel a little brighter than I did. My head isn't hurting anymore. I think he's stopped for tonight.

"You didn't have to do that," Alpha Leon's voice startled me. I glanced at the door. He was stood, leaning on the door frame.

"It was no problem," I muttered, "I'm going to go to bed now," I mentioned.

He nodded, stepping towards me. "I accidentally broke your phone," He whispered. My eyes went wide, "how?" I asked.

He looked embarrassed and a little guilty. "I was taking your phone out of my pocket, and you received a text from Ethan," He started explaining. I drew a sharp breath in as he mentioned his name. "I wanted to know what he said to you, so... I read the texts," He murmured, glancing at the floor.

"What did they say?" I whispered. I'm not sure I want to know, it could only set me back, but as usual, I was curious.

He shook his head, "you don't need to know." He answered. "I'm going to replace your phone and sort you a new number." He declared.

I nodded, "thank you," I responded.

"I need to get a message to my parents to let them know about my phone. I can't open my mindlink to speak to them," I explained, "could you get in touch with Alpha Miles for me, please?" I asked.

"I'll do one better... You can ring your parents from my office phone tomorrow." He smiled at me, and my heart nearly gave out. It was a genuine smile, and it made him seem younger.

"Thank you," I smiled back. I felt giddy all of a sudden his smile was infectious.

"Why can't you open your mindlink?" He questioned, raising his brow at me.

"Um, so... Ethan can't speak to me. When he does, the bond fights against the distance, and it hurts." I explained.

He nodded his head as he clenched his fists together before backing away slightly. "I'll see you tomorrow, Ayla." He grunted before walking out of the kitchen.

I sighed frustratedly. And he's back to the cold-hearted Alpha, I see. The ′stay away from me' Alpha. I trudged back to my room.

′Athena, can you sense anything around him?′ I asked.

There's something I can't quite put my finger on, and it doesn't make any sense. His scent is alluring, and it's only mates who are enticed by scents. His scent does things to my body when it shouldn't.

′No, but his wolf isn't there... Not fully.′ She replied. I sighed and rubbed my head. This was giving me a headache.

If I didn't know Ethan was my mate and Alpha Leon didn't have one, I would have sworn he was my mate. It's the same feelings. His scent entices me, and without heat, that should only happen with your mate. I wonder how it would feel if we touched each other? Would I feel all the effects of the mate bond?

But I do have a mate, and so does he. I have never heard of a wolf being blessed with a second mate. I don't think it's possible, no one has ever seen it or been through it, and we'll be no different.

I reached my bedroom and rushed inside. I trodded over to the bed then pulled the duvet back. I climbed inside and snuggled into my bed, letting sleep overtake me.

I woke up the next morning feeling like I'd not slept at all. I groaned and sat up. The sun was blaring through the window. I had forgotten to shut the blinds yesterday. I swung my legs off the bed before standing up and making my way into the bathroom.