fluffy socks and warm milk

I can't sleep. Every time I close my eyes, it's like I'm plagued by Ethan. All I can see is him, his voice, his scent... I just want him out of my head. I groaned internally and pulled myself up into a sitting position on the bed.

I don't know what time it is... There's no clock or anything; I don't even have my phone. I could do with a drink of warm milk, which always settles me when I can't sleep. I just don't feel comfortable walking around the packhouse.

I sighed and decided to just go for it. I stood up and went towards the closet to find something to put on my feet. I searched through my suitcase for my slippers, but I couldn't find them so I must have left them.

My mindlink was being poked at again... My head felt like someone was constantly punching me. I paused my search to wait for the headache to fade.

Ah, fluffy socks! I picked them up and looked at them; little wolves were all over the socks. I chuckled as I thought back to when I got them. Owen bought me them when he went on holiday with his friends. He said he saw them, and the wolf reminded him of mine.

I pulled the socks on and wiggled my toes as I looked down at them. I strolled out of the closet and made my way to the door. I quietly opened the door, stepped into the corridor and closed the door behind me.

I tiptoed towards the stairs, stubbing my toe on a little table as I neared the stairs. I grabbed my foot, hopping about on my other one. "Son of bi-" I froze as a little pup ran out from a room.

"Lila, I said no." Alpha Leon scolded as he followed her out of the room. "But, I want to meet her." She pouted up at him. "Lila, it's still bedtime." He explained, giving her a stern look. "After I said hi, daddy." She looked up at him with her bottom lip quivering.

3... 2...

"Ok... Fine, go say hi." He groaned before smiling down at her.

Called it! No one can resist the puppy eyes of a pup!

She ran over to me and looked up at me with a bright smile. "Hi, I'm Lila." She greeted.

I kneeled in front of her and held my hand out. Her eyes darted between my hand and my eyes. She placed her little hand in mine and grinned. "You have a beautiful name, Lila. I'm Ayla." I beamed at her.

"Your pretty," she bubbled, "isn't she pretty, daddy?" She whirled towards Alpha Leon, he nodded his head, smiling at her. I could tell his smile was forced; it never reached his eyes.

His eyes met mine. He had an expression on his face that I couldn't quite decipher. I glanced back at little Lila, "are you supposed to be sleeping?" I giggled. She nodded her head, looking back sheepishly at Alpha Leon.

"Where were you going?" She asked.

I could feel his eyes on me. "I was going to get a drink. I couldn't sleep," I sighed, "guess we have the same problem, huh?" I raised my brow and giggled at her.

"My daddy gives me a special drink when I can't sleep," she mentioned. I smiled at her, "I have a special drink that I have when I can't sleep too." I grinned.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Warm milk," I replied. Her eyes went wide, and she twirled around to Alpha Leon, "daddy! She drinks the same as me," she burst.

She looked back at me and seemed nervous, "will you have warm milk with me?" she asked, "if my daddy says I can." She added.

I glanced at Alpha Leon quickly. He looked conflicted and hurt again. "If your daddy says it's ok, I would love to, Lila," I answered.