surrender

"Get the plane ready, we'll be there in half an hour." He grumbled before shoving his phone in his pocket.

He placed up my bag and headed out of my front door. "Have a safe flight, love. I'll see you soon," mom whispered, giving me a quick hug.

I stepped out of the house and went over to the car. I climbed beside Leon. He didn't speak to me. He looked to make sure I was fastened in. He patted Beta Jace on his shoulder to indicate we were ready.

The car roared to life and sped off down the street. I sucked in a breath and glanced at Leon. He has his eyes fixated on the seat in front of him. He doesn't look at me or even holds my hand when I placed it over his.

I breathed out but kept my hand over his. I know he's hurting and trying to keep it together. I don't know what to do or say.

Sapphire, Wade and Owen are in the car behind us. Sapphire was inconsolable when Leon told her.

"No... What happened?" She choked.

"They were near a waterfall, and six rogues cornered them. They got him first..." He took a deep breath and gasped back a sob. "After... After seeing their mate die... They just surrendered. They didn't even fight back." He whispered.

"They should have been able to fight back..." She sobbed.

"The warriors got the rogues before they ran. They're all dead apart from one." He snarled.

My heart hurts for them. I can't imagine the pain of watching your mate die... I shivered and stared out of the window.

We arrived at the airstrip, and Leon rushed out of the car. He opened my door for me but didn't look at me.

Don't let it get to you, Ayla. He's hurting... Let him grieve how he needs to.

Once we were seated on the plane, he made sure I was strapped in. As soon as the plane was in the air, he stood up and went into the room on the plane. I watched and sucked in a breath. I didn't know how to comfort him.

I unfastened my belt and moved to stand up. "Please... Make sure he's ok," Sapphire gasped. I nodded and laid my hand on her shoulder in support. She gave me a dull smile as I went towards the door.

I pushed open the door. Leon was perched on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands. I went over to him and sat down next to him. I held my hand out in front of him, "take my hand," I whispered through the link.

I needed him to know I was there for him, and I didn't know how else to do it. He didn't answer, but he grabbed my hand and buried his head in my neck. I felt his body trembling; I enveloped my arms around him and stroked his hair.

"I should have been there," he sobbed.

I took a deep breath, "I know, baby," I comforted.

He began placing rough kisses on my neck and grasping my waist. I moaned and tangled my fingers through his hair. His kisses became sloppy and urgent. He was tugging at my clothes. I gripped his shirt and dragged him back with me onto the bed.

He laid on top of me, grinding himself into me. Whimpers and moans were falling from his lips. He was doing this to take his mind off it, and I was happy to allow him to. He unfastened my trousers and pushed his hand down.

He began circling his finger fast. A deep growl reverberated from his chest. I moaned and clawed at his back. He still had tears falling from his eyes as he leaned back and pulled my trousers down. He pushed my legs open wide and dived straight in.

He was licking, sucking and biting anything he could. I fisted his hair and started grinding against his face. He thrust two fingers inside and curled them. I moaned and tugged his hair. "Fucking cum," he growled against my clit.

My body went rigid as I held my breath. My legs shook, and I screamed as pleasure overtook my body. I moaned his name over and over as he nibbled at my clit.

He pulled away. My breath caught in my throat at his eyes. There was no love that I was used to seeing. He was angry... I knew it wasn't aimed at me, but he was gonna take it out on me through sex, and I couldn't fucking wait.

He didn't talk at all as he undid his jeans and pulled his cock out. He stroked his hand up and down as he hovered back over me. He placed his cock at my entrance; I braced myself as he slammed into me.

I moaned, arching my back and throwing my head back. He lifted my ass with his hands as he kneeled up a little. He pulled out as he thrust back in growling. "Leon... Fuck, don't stop..." I moaned as he slammed into me again and again.

His fingers were digging into my ass as he watched his cock ramming in and out. "Your pussy feels fucking amazing," he growled. He bent forward, forcing his cock farther in. My eyes went wide, and I gasped.

Breathless moans slipped past my lips as he rolled his hips. I felt like I was floating, my head was fuzzy, and my eyes were rolling to the back of my head. "Cum... I can feel... Fuck, cum now," he gnarled. He leaned forward and bit down on my neck.

I cried out as ripples of pleasure erupted everywhere. My body was tingling, my legs felt numb, and I felt exhausted. I moaned as he pulled out before thrusting back in. His cock jerked as he released himself inside of me with a hoarse growl.

He pulled out and dropped onto the bed next to me. We were both panting, catching our breaths. I felt him entwine his fingers through mine, and I blew out in relief.

"The pack is in shambles, Ayla," he whimpered. I leaned up and rested my head on his chest, "but they've got you to help them through it." I expressed.

"I can't believe... how do you just surrender to your death and not even fight back knowing you could?" he choked.

"They were mates... Anyone could see how much love was between them both," I whispered.

"They'd been through a lot to get to where they were today... Everyone knows the stories. They had the kind of love that inspired everyone," he took a deep breath, "they overcame everything and still came out on top together," he sobbed, hiding his head into my hair.