Chapter 7

Katniss POV

"Peeta, where are we going?" I ask as he pulls me along. "Somewhere." He answers and I groan. "Come on!" Peeta says looking at me, making sure that I am still here. "Ugh!" I groan. Soon Peeta leads me somewhere and he tells me to shut my eyes; so I do. Around 10 minutes later, Peeta tells me to open my eyes, so I do. "Oh, Peeta. I-I don't know...what to say. I-I'm speechless." I stutter at the amazement of this place. It's a beautiful meadow with a magnificent willow tree. Even though it's kinda hard to see, cause it's dark, there's colourful lanterns all around the tree. And there's a blanket. I rush over to the tree to see how beautiful the flowers are. "Peeta. H-how?" I ask. "Let's just say, there's some friends of mine who helped. And they might be Cato, Thresh, Finnick and Marvel." Peeta tells me. "What about Gale?" I ask. "He couldn't make it. He had family issues." Peeta says. He's probably lying cause I know the real problem. After a while, Peeta and I lie on the blanket talking and looking at the stars. I'm lying on Peeta and soon he gets me up off him. "What is it?" I ask a little worried. "I have something to give you." He tells me. He pulls out a small box from his jacket. He opens it and there's a beautiful silver ring with two flowers on it, together - next to each other. I stand up and he kneels down. "Katniss Everdeen? I know that this is our first date. But whenever I'm with you, I feel like I'm all together. My pieces fit. So, will you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?" He asks. "Peeta Mellark, I feel the same way. So, will you please put the ring on my left middle finger?" I ask. "Ugh! So precise!" He puts it on and rolls his eyes. I help him stand up and he picks me up, bridal style, and walks me over to the road. Then he drops me, I stand up, and we walk across the road. But what I didn't see, was a car. Driving so fast. It hit me and I fell over. My vision is blurry and I'm loosing my hearing. "Katniss? Katniss!" I can faintly hear. "Peeta." I quietly say. "Hang on!" Peeta says. "Stay....with...me..." I say before everything goes black and I can't see or hear. I think I heard something. An "always"? I don't know.

Peeta POV

As I put Katniss down on the road, she's about to walk across when a car comes zooming past and hits her. "Katniss?" I ask running over to her. "Katniss!?" I scream. "Katniss!" I almost lose my voice. "Peeta." She says quietly. "Hang on!" I say to her. I ring 911 and a lady picks up. "Hello? What seems to be the problem?" She asks. "My girlfriend got hit by a car and she fell and hit her head and then she blanked out! Please come and send and ambulance!" I scream into my phone. "Ok sir, we will send an ambulance right away. Where is your location?" She asks calmly. "New York!" I scream at her. "Ok, thank you sir." Says the lady, then she hangs up. I turn my attention back to Katniss. "Stay...with...me..." She says before going out. "Always..." I cry. I hold her hand and cry until the ambulance comes. Then I think. "The group!" I remember. I don't think, I react. I ring the group and then I can hear Katniss' phone going off. I hang up on her phone cause it's just me and there's no point.

[Peeta - P, Finnick - Finn, Jojo - J, Clove - CK (her intials), Cato - CH, Glim - G, Marv - M, Thresh - T, Foxface - Fox, Annie - A, Madge - MU, Gale - GH]

P: Guys! Katniss got hit by a car and is now in a concussion! I'm still waiting on the ambo!

CH: Dude! Where are you?

CK: We can come to you

G: Is she ok?

P: The ambo is here ttyl

A: Make sure Kat is safe

Finn: That's my Kitty. Be carefully with her Peete!

The ambulance finally came. I wave my whole body about so they know that Kat is here. They pick Katniss up onto a stretcher and take her into the back of the van. "Who are you, sir?" One of doctors ask. "I'm Peeta Mellark, Katniss Everdeen's boyfriend." I tell them. "Ok, thank you Mr. Mellark." They reply. "Would you like a ride to the hospital?" A lady asks me. "Yes, thank you." I reply. I jump into the back of the ambulance and stand beside Katniss, as her unconscience body lies on the stretcher. Moments later, we arrive at the hospital. Someone opens the back doors and I jump out first, out of the way and wait for Katniss. I walk beside her, as the doctors guide her to a room. They put her on the bed and shut the door on me. I bang on the door and cry in pain that she will be alright. Then a doctor comes and tells me to sit on the chairs outside. I do so and text the group to come to the hospital. About 10 minutes later, the group shows up and rushes over to me. "Peeta, are you alright?" I'm being bombarded with questions and the group makes the waiting room so loud. "Guys!" I yell over the top of them. Then they all become silent and stare at me. "Just please, sit down and wait for Katniss!" I yell at them. Then they all obey my command and sit down with me.

"Guys, I know this is hard on all of us, but we have to pull ourselves together and help each other." I explain to them. After about an hour of waiting for Katniss, a doctor comes out. "Are you all here for Katniss Everdeen?" He asks. "Yes." We all reply. We all stand up waiting for what he says next. "Um, when Katniss got hit she lost her memory." The doctor tells us. We just stand there, in shock. "Now, I want you all to help her remember things. So the more you help her, the more she remembers and she will be back to normal." He continues. "Can we see her?" Finnick asks. "Yes, but only a few at a time. Cause if she wakes up, then she doesn't want to be startled by all the people here." The doctor tells us. "Okay, thank you doctor." I reply with a small smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! I'm sorry for not updating in ages! I had to finish school for the term and then I went camping over Easter. So please enjoy and I should update the next chapter soon. Also please comment some suggestions for the next chapter, cause I'm running out of ideas! Thanks ~Hailstormhalo