PREFACE:

"I'd rather have a body full of scars

and a head full of memories, 

than a head full of regrets

and perfect skin." 

- Atticus

When Lorelai Gilmore got pregnant, she wasn't expecting them to find not one baby but two. The second twin, born exactly thirteen minutes after Rory, didn't come out as expected though. She was perfectly healthy, yes, but as the child grew, Lorelai started to see it. She started to see just how much trouble her little girl was getting into. While Rory was reading and writing and applying to schools, Delilah was running around town and taunting Taylor. The only one who seemed to be able to get her to calm down, though, was the one they didn't expect. Tyler Masonis, Emily's younger brother and Delilah's great uncle.

Tyler was only a few years older than Lorelai, but they were vastly different. Lorelai was harsh for the sake of being harsh and deviant for the sake of being deviant, Tyler wasn't. He was smart and hard working, but he just wasn't like the others. He didn't like life as a rich kid. He didn't like private schools or stupid, frivolous parties. He was in every sense, what Lorelai aspired to be but failed.

But that's exactly what her daughter was. Even at a young age, Lorelai knew that her eight year old daughter wasn't like her or her mother. He was like her uncle, and so that's where she went. She went to live with him in Massachusetts, and Lorelai didn't look back.

Because everything was easier without Delilah around. She had one daughter, one she could always count on, and Tyler had the other.

And that's how it was. For years, that's how everything was easier. At least, it was for her.

So, when Lorelai gets a letter from her uncle, learning about the things that happened in Massachusetts, she's startled.

But she's even more startled to find that he's made a choice that would change everything. 

Welcome to Stars Hallow, Delilah Gilmore 

WARNINGS: This is a mature novel in some senses. Here are some triggers in this book: 

- Sex

- Smoking

- Drinking

- Child abandonment

- Cursing

- Vomiting

- Extreme arguments

- Extreme dislike on the side of the main character

- Anxiety attacks, anxiety disorder

- Sexual harassment/slut shaming.

Thank you for reading! 

- Wren M.