An Excerpt from "Their Cosmic Love" by Delilah H. G. Mariano

Dedicated to my own cosmic love, who will be forever imprinted in my heart, and that tiny little diner. I love you, Mr. Mariano.

Once, when I was young, I asked my brother what it was like to be loved. 

His answer?

It feels like the moon and sun are shining in the same sky. Always different, but equal. Symbiotic, living and loving one another in that moment. 

The issue with this, though, is that when you think of the sun and the moon, they rarely live in the same sky. At least, not equally. It's often the wrong time or even the wrong planets. 

And with all of the great love stories we read, perhaps the idea of a one in a million love seems idiotic, even ironic, but not to them.

Not to Aurora Green and not to Jace Marcus. Not to the two misfits in love, unthought of and unliked by everyone around them. Everyone but each other. 

Because just once, the sun and the moon shone together for them, equals in the sky, and they loved it. No hurt feelings or broken hearts could get in their way. They were together, fully and completely together and they loved it.

For once, they were completely each other's. 

A boy in a leather jacket and a girl with a journal, forever linked by the cosmic event that is true love. 

And even now, as ghosts in that same small town, they're together, their relationship forever imprinted on every square inch. 

That is their love. That is the story of Aurora and Jace...

And their true cosmic love story.