CHAPTER 5:

"The moon smiles, the sun twinkles, but both were envious of your stardust soul." - Perry Poetry

Delilah Gilmore has never been the type to enjoy sleeping in other people's houses, but falling asleep in Rory's room is surprisingly easy. Ty had to leave for Hartford for the night to see his sister and brother-in-law, so instead of having her stay home alone, he offered for her to sleep at her mother's house.

And much to his surprise, she'd agreed.

"Who's that?" Francie asks the girl she'd just kidnapped curiously, looking at Rory's twin, who sleeps in the trundle bed a foot down from Rory's.

"That's my sister, Delilah." Rory explains, following them out and into their car.

"Why isn't she at Chilton?"

"It's a long story."

---

"Check this out." Rory says, showing up in the diner the morning after her mother's fashion show. Delilah nearly spits out her coffee, taking in the photos of her mother and grandmother dancing on a runway in matching red outfits.

"She looks like Nancy Regan." She says, taking the photos from her sister's hand. "Where the hell did you take these?"

"I didn't. Mom had some fundraiser thing for my school last night that she roped grandma into, it's hilarious, right?" Delilah can't help but laugh at the photos, handing them back with a smile.

"So how are you?" Rory asks.

"I'm okay, though I was a little surprised to hear some crazy chicks breaking into your room last night and taking you away."

"I nearly joined a sorority."

Delilah snorts, handing her sister a cup of coffee and taking off her apron.

"Good job, Ror, I'm headed to school." She says, walking out of the diner after checking her watch. Part of her wants to wait for Jess, but she doesn't.

Since coming to Stars Hollow, Delilah has achieved a lot, school wise. She's an A student, part of the honors society, and finally, she's in the photography club.

Rory chuckles and shakes her head as she watches Jess rush down the stairs, grab a donut from the counter and chase after her sister.

---

"Oh, yeah, thanks." Lorelai says as he walks over and pours her coffee, sending a wink to her daughter who stands behind the counter, wiping it clean. "How are you, Jess?"

"I'm not bleeding or anything." He says nonchalantly.

"Well then it's gonna be a good day, huh?"

He hums in agreement, turning to Luke. Delilah walks over to, standing beside him, now without her apron on and with her backpack slung over her shoulder. "It's 7:45"

"So?" Luke retorts.

"So "do you want us to go to school or do you wanna openly defy child-labor laws?"

"Fine, go, stay out of trouble." He says.

"Guess that means calling off the chickie run down at the salt flats." Delilah jokes.

"Lorelai sends a look to Delilah, silently telling her the same thing Luke said as she stands and places a kiss on her daughter's forehead on the way out.

"I gotta get to work, bye kiddo."

"Bye Lorelai."

Jess bravely places a hand on her back, leading her out of the diner after her mother. He can feel his uncle's glare burning into him, but he doesn't move his hand. Instead, he throws his arm over her shoulder as they walk.