CHAPTER 19:

"It's weird when you realize the person you once told everything to now has no idea of what's happening in your life." - unknow 

"Jess! Jess!" She shouts, Ty running behind her through the town square, a large envelope in hand. "Jess!"

"Lilah! Are you okay?!" Jess asks, rushing down the stairs to find the girl with tears in her eyes and a big envelope in hand. "Is that what I think it is?"

"I think so." She says happily, rushing behind the counter to grab a steak knife, much to Luke's confusion.

Dear Delilah Gilmore,

We are pleased to offer you admission to the Yale class of 2007...

"Oh my god." She mutters, shaky finger nearly dropping the letter as she shoves it in her boyfriend's hands. "Oh my god..."

"You got in!" Jess confirms with a bright smile, handing the paper to her uncle and pulling the girl into a tight hug. He presses his lips to hers happily, then to her forehead and cheeks. "I'm so proud of you sweetheart."

"I got in..." She whispers, partially not believing it's actually true. Of course, she spent the last eight years dreaming of going to Yale, saving up every paycheck she ever got to go to Yale. So many of her favorites went to Yale and she can't help but wonder if she's good enough to be amongst the greatest.

"Yeah, you did." Ty confirms, laying a kiss on the top of the girl's head and making his way over to Luke to get something to celebrate with.

"I've gotta tell my mom. And Rory, I don't-." She says, starting to panic slightly.

"Lilah! Calm down, don't worry about that, you got in!" Jess offers up, trying to get her to calm down.

"I did. I got in..."

---

"Why didn't you tell me you worked at wal-mart?" Delilah questions, laying her head on his chest whilst he reads. He pauses immediately, setting down his book to give her a soft smile.

"It's embarrassing."

"It's a job, I'm proud of you. No more embarrassing than working at Luke's."

"Yeah, except it's wal-mart, hun." He says, rolling his eyes slightly.

"You're still amazing and I'm still proud of you." She offers up.

"Then you'll be glad to know that I'm the employee of the month."

"I am."

---

"So... you, me, movie tonight?" Jess offers as Delilah walks in, sitting at the counter across from him.

"Can't, I'm going to dinner with my grandparents."

"Fine, tomorrow?"

"Absolutely." She says with a bright smile.

---

"I love you." Delilah can't help herself, saying the words as soon as they pop into her head for the eighth time. Jess doesn't react, going stiff in the seat beside her, his mind racing with thoughts.

I'm not good enough for her.

She can't love me.

She's going to leave.

She's going to leave me like my mom and dad did.

She's going to hate me.

She can't love me.