Epilogue:

Delilah can't help but be nervous as she stares down her future in the most terrifying way possible, dressed in a lilac dress with a veil on her head and a penny in her shoe. Her uncle has his arm wrapped up in hers, holding her steady as piano music plays through the field and they make their way down the aisle, following Colin's two little sisters, Jane and Marybeth, who are the flower girls for the wedding. 

But as soon as her eyes land on Jess's, calm overtakes her body and her breath threatens to halt in her lungs. 

This is the man she loves, and this is the man she's about to marry. 

Finally. 

Colin and Luke both stand beside him in suits, flowers pinned on their lapels to match the collection of forget me nots in her hands. Jess himself, though, has a pair of jackets hung over his arm. 

Lorelai sits in the front row beside Richard and Emily, whilst Liz, Jimmy and TJ sit on the other side of the aisle, the traditional seating. Other than that, though, the town is all around in chairs, watching as Delilah makes her way down the aisle, leaving Ty to go sit beside his sister and brother-in-law. 

Delilah hands her bouquet off to her sister with a tearful smile on her face, connecting her hands with Jess's. 

"I love you." He whispers so that only she can hear him, his lips tugging into a small smile as he looks down at his soon to be wife. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here to day to witness the union of soulmates Jess Lucus Mariano and Delilah Hope Gilmore." 

"Delilah, i've loved you for as long as I've known you. From that first night when you tp-ed Doose's market-"

"Hey!" Taylor shouts, getting shushed by several people. 

"-to the day you laughed at me when Luke shoved me into the river to the day you fell asleep in my apartment after the town meeting. I've loved you since I met you and I know I'll love you for the rest of my life. You and I are eternal, Delilah, and we've left our mark on the world just like the greats did with their love stories of tragedy and action and romance." 

"Jess. I used to think love was stupid and frivolous. Only for those who haven't been heartbroken before. But you changed that, completely. That first night, when you gave me a beer you stole from my mother's fridge and you watched me run off to go stir up trouble. I knew right then that you'd be important to me, just not how important. Then that next day I watched Luke shove you in the lake and it was the funniest thing I'd seen since I got there. You, complaining about your damp cigarettes and pissing and moaning about Luke and then finally, we talked. I told you about my first night with Ty and we both vented and it was... amazing. So, I think that's when it really happened. When I started falling in love with you, that is. Or maybe it was that night when you handed me a copy of Howl, written on and worn out. I remember reading it through and thinking 'wow, this guy is weird.' And then you walked me to school and we talked and I started really falling in love with you. Like, disgusting, heart melting, mind boggling love and it was just so easy. You were so easy to be with. So, I love you, Jess. That's what I'm trying to say here, that I love you and that I love your book and that I love every single little thing about you, even when you're a complete asshole. I love that you got attacked by a swan- yes, Luke told me after you left -and I love that you refuse to watch Titanic with me because you hate seeing me cry. I love you, so much it hurts sometimes. So, I'm so incredibly happy to be marrying you, to start this new, unbridled, amazing part of our lives together."

"Do you Jess Mariano, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to forever live together in matrimony, to love her, to comfort her, to honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, to have and to hold, from this day forward, as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Jess says with a smile, never looking away from the girl in front of him. 

"And do you, Delilah Gilmore, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to forever live together in matrimony, to love him, to comfort him, to honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, to have and to hold, from this day forward, as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." 

"Jess and Delilah have chosen rings to exchange with each other as a symbol of their undying love. As you place this ring on Delilah's finger, please repeat after me, Jess. 'With this ring, I thee wed and pledge you my love, now and forever.'"

"With this ring, I thee wed and pledge you my love, now and forever." Jess repeats, sliding the silver band onto Delilah's hand. 

"Delilah, as you place this ring on Jess's finger, please repeat after me. 'With this ring, I thee wed and pledge you my love, now and forever.'" 

"With this ring, I thee wed and pledge you my love, now and forever." She says, placing the ring on his finger. 

"By the power invested in me by the state of Connecticut, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." 

And he certainly does. Jess pulls his wife into a bone crushing embrace, pressing his lips to hers with a smile that could span through time with it's brightness. After a moment, she feels the familiar warmth of her leather jacket being swung over her shoulders, matching the one swung over his as people cheer and clap for the new couple. 

One sure to stir up trouble. 

The End

Author's note:

Hey guys! I am so incredibly happy that this book has blown up and I'm so glad you all have gotten this far! I think this is going to be the end, though I might make a second book at some point, though i'm working on some other things a bit more right now.

Thank you for all of the votes, reads and comments you've been leaving and for being such amazing readers! I'm glad you're all so supportive of this and I'm so happy you've been enjoying the book!

If you're interested, I've got several other books as well that I'd love for you to explore if you'd like!

Love, Wren.