⌗ eight

☕️

☕️

2:18 pm

2:18 pm

jake was nervous to the brink of fainting. the bell rang, indicating the end of his last period of the day. it was wednesday afternoon, three days after his encounter with sunghoon. today was different from his past events, that he was going to go on a date with sunghoon. even just the reminder makes the boy want to shrink from it all.

his pace out of the college complex became way slower now, not caring about how he is bumping into other students. soon enough, jake rushed to a random vacant classroom. jake shook his head, pulling out his phone and dialing a number in as fast as he could. his phone buzzed twice before picking up.

"hello? jake? are you alright? i'm working on a deadline right now-"

"I am not okay, jay," jake huffed, "I honestly don't think I can do this. my heart feels like exploding!" he finished, whining like a three-year-old. jake could hear the other sigh before responding to him.

"what's wrong? is this about your date with you know who?"

jake gulped, feeling like an idiot now that he is voicing out his problems. he shook his head and gave up.

"it's just scary. I only know so little about him, what if he thinks badly about me or even is planning on embarrassing me?"

"jake-yah, you're doing it again."

"what do you mean, 'doing it again?'"

jay chuckled in a somewhat mocking way, making his friend even antsier. "you are comparing sunghoon to him again," jay said softly. "he is a good guy, jake, and those were your own words. I understand that you have doubts, but give this guy a chance, okay?"

with the end of that note, somehow, it helped calm jake's nerves ever so slightly. there has been plenty of these types of talks between the two. it's mainly jake stressing out too much than having jay calm him down, but that was the reason why the two were so close to each other. so, jake decided to trust jay with those words.