Flower Wreath... Tease

The halls echoed with (F/n)'s screams more hours than not. He was too dehydrated to cry in pain, and he was pretty sure his voice was permanently damaged from how hoarse he’d caused it to become. His right hand was completely crushed and broken from a vice Ragyou used on it, his joints had been forcefully dislocated, put back into place, then dislocated again, he was pretty sure he had broken ribs, and his body was littered with cuts and burns. He had been force fed copious amounts of water, then beaten enough to force him to throw it up before the process was repeated, had nails pulled from his fingers, another thread wrapped around his neck, nearly suffocating him.

Ragyou was careful with his torture, deliberate. She always inflicted enough to cause him the worst pain imaginable, but never enough to do him in.

How the mighty had fallen. Isshin's successful experiment had finally met his match, but no matter how much she hurt him, how much she made him beg and plead for death, he was trying to not break. This was his doing, his choice. Nobody else should bear this burden.

He often wondered, in the recesses of his mind, if Ryuko was okay. Clearly, Ryuko, Mako, Kinue, and Mikisugi had managed to escape, just like they said they would, but he knew Satsuki was likely very angry, angry at him for hurting her, for sacrificing himself, for letting himself get into this situation.

(F/n) loved Satsuki, after all... But having to feel something from Ryuko was peculiar.

(F/n) had seen too much, had been forced to live a lone life just to survive, spending years on the streets, doing whatever it took to keep himself alive. But despite all that, he still had so much hope, so much light and life in him. (F/n) dreamed of a better life, one where he could live freely, with a home of his own, a family, and people who love him. When he met Isshin, Kinue, Mikisugi and Tsumugu, where he no longer had to wake up in a place that wasn’t the hard dirt of an alley, but in the arms of Kinue at that time. She'd grown fond of him in the extra time they'd spent together. Rather attached, really.

Unfortunately, a life like that wasn’t something (F/n) could ever have last forever. He had never intended to hurt Kinue. Never to deflower Ryuko. Never to break Satsuki's heart. (F/n) had only ever wanted to be seen by Kinue as a close friend. To be a protector of Ryuko. To be loved by Satsuki, she thought the world of him, and just when he finally had it, he had lost it all.

(F/n) hoped the one he hurt, the ones he could not protect were okay, he hoped they didn’t waste too many tears on his sorry ass, that they would move on, find tranquility because god knows it could never be him.

(F/n) had always been a man of plans, always knew exactly what he was doing, foresaw every potential outcome, but he had never seen Ryuko loving him coming. He had never expected to fall in love with the drifter in the middle of such a precarious mission. He had never planned to do this.

Ryuko and Satsuki were his weakness, but as long as they were hopefully safe, he couldn’t ever regret it. If he was going to die in this cellar, at least he’d had the privilege of loving not only Satsuki but Ryuko as well before he wasted away.

He missed their smile, their bright eyes and they are both quite Tsunderes themselves, although Kinue was more of a Kamidere. (F/n) missed how softly Satsuki kissed him, how their lips slotted together so perfectly. How Ryuko would defend him, like he was worth more than any amount of gold could buy. How Kinue trained him to be better than any man.

He wished he’d gotten to properly say goodbye, more than a tearful hug of their bodies. (F/n) wished he could’ve told Satsuki, Ryuko, everything, about how much he... Loved them, how special they were. But he couldn’t, he didn’t.

A monster like (F/n) don’t get happy endings...