Revive & Thrive

(Part I & II)

" " = Speaking
' ' = Thinking
▪▪ = Sequence of Event
- - = Time Skip

Life Fiber Integrate, Kamui Lycoris: Adorned in a shining, organic-like muscular exoskeleton, interlocking color-coded materials; Red, Black, and Gold. With a shape on his chest as the flower; Lycoris.

Feats: Able to rebuild damage and materialize weapons for both long-range and close-quarter combat, this Kamui vastly improves power, defense, and versatility.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Kinue never thought of being a mother. She never hated children, but she wasn't endeared by them either. So much of her life had been focused on training and finally taking down Ragyou and her affiliation with Life Fibers. Truth be told, Kinue had always assumed she would die long before she had a chance to become a mother.

Except, here she was now... Training her son who's become a hybrid after a successful experiment.

"You have always been tolerant of me, worked with me practically every day now." (F/n) bending one leg to the other.

"But now it remains a wonder that a hybrid may not be weak and insubordinate as a human." Kinue cracked her neck side-to-side, "Let's see how much you excelled."

Isshin was just down the corridor, leading to a minor headache to them talking to each other, more like politely insulting.

To Kinue's words, (F/n) gives no response other than a half-shrug with a grin. The sound of another bout began as Isshin gets closer to the doorway. Isshin is there just in time to see (F/n) narrowly dodging a strike from his opponent, fluently weaving around to pivot forward once more. There is admirable grace in his movements.

"Can't defeat your enemies if you keep evading." (F/n) continues to defend himself, but only with actions. Words appear to be too much of a feat, which is unsurprising given the unforgiving and punishing pace Kinue sets. She always had been remarkably quick with her jabs. "Understand that Ragyou would stop at nothing to achieve this genocidal goal."

Kinue charges at a speed (F/n) that can hardly match. But he has the advantage of being slightly shorter and extremely nimble. In one swift move, (F/n) rolls out of reach... Almost. "Really?" Kinue grabs his collar, yanking him up with enough strength for his feet to dangle. It's nothing the enemy wouldn't try, so arguably, the move is acceptable, but it's not commonplace in sparring. (F/n) propels himself into a kick. It leads him nowhere but further into trouble. Kinue spun and tosses him across the room. His back hits the wall with a thud!

"Argh!" Wincing (F/n) grits his teeth.

Kinue clicks her tongue. "If I didn't think putting you in your place would take very long, I'd be disappointed."

"Heh, is that all you ever see in me..." He hauls himself back onto his feet, with his determination. "A disappointment."

It's without thought, without any tact, he lunges back, and Kinue brings up an arm to meet his fist fiercely. Kinue is stunned, and it's enough of a leeway for (F/n) to land a series of parries that hit ruthlessly through every counterattack. Spinning into the next strike, (F/n) meets Kinue's fist with his own. It's a stalemate they both lean into. Slowly, their eyes met.

Now their movements have come to a halt, and a glint flashes in Kinue's eyes. "Are you sure you're not talking to yourself?"

(F/n) smiled, "Always in my head."

Kinue keeps their stalemate locked. "Your expressions give it away."

Isshin at the doorway, says nothing for a moment, staring blankly between the two of them. "Nice to see you getting closer than before."