Ch.6 Sakura's Training

The next morning Sakura groggily woke up. Her hair was a curly, pink mess as she sat up in her bed. She rubbed her eyes with a yawn before looking out of her bedroom window. The lack of sunlight didnt help the situation.

"Ugh, the sun isnt even up yet." She groaned.

Sakura got out of bed and went over to her mirror. She fixed her hair and get dressed. She went downstairs, ate a quick breakfast and made her way to the western training field. The streets of the village were quiet as very few were out and about, with the only people being shop owners getting ready to open.

When Sakura reached the training field the sun was just starting to rise. She saw Hanzo leaning against a tree ready to start training.

"Good morning, Sensei." Sakura greeted with a yawn.

"Morning, Sakura. Ready to train?" Hanzo asked with a smile.

"Ready as I'll ever be. What are we covering first?"

"First we'll have a warm up. A little sparing should help wake you up."

"Got it."

Sakura and Hanzo lower themselves into fighting stances and stare each other down. A moment passes before Sakura makes the first move. She sprints towards Hanzo and goes for a jump kick to his head. He blocks the kick with his arm and grabs her leg with his free hand and throws her over his shoulder. Sakura lands on her feet and rushes Hanzo again throwing punches and kicks. After several minutes of warm up, Sakura is fully awake and is ready for more.

"What's next Sensei?"

"Before we begin the real training. We're gonna find out what your chakra nature is."

"My chakra nature? How are we gonna find that out?"

"Simple, we are going to find use this." Hanzo pulls out a piece of paper and hands it to Sakura.

"Um.. What am I suppose to do with this?" Sakura asked, flipping the paper in her hand.

"You're going to channel your chakra through it. How the paper reacts will tell us what your chakra nature is. Go ahead, give it a go."

"Ok." Sakura holds the paper in her hands and runs her chakra through the paper. Soon the paper begins to react and becomes wet and soggy.

"Looks like your chakra nature is water. Now, since it's water, water Jutsu are gonna be the easiest for you to learn."

"Wow, that pretty cool. What's your chakra nature?"

"I actually have a two chakra natures due to my Kekkei Genkai being Vapor style."

"What happened to the paper when you first did it?"

"It boiled." Hanzo said with a smirk.

"How... I... that... doesn't make sense! How does paper boil!?" Sakura sputtered.

"Not a clue. Now, let's start the real training by teaching you some basic water Jutsu. Come on, there's a river nearby." Hanzo led Sakura to the river and took his sandals off, setting them off to the side. "All right, take your sandles off and stand in the water."

Sakura did as she was told and took off her sandles and stood in the water. A moment later Hanzo was standing on the water across from her.

"All right, the first Jutsu I'll teach you is called the Water Wall. Simply, you form a wall of water coursing with chakra. The more chakra you pour into the wall the stronger itll be. Ready?"

"Ready."

"Alright, let's get started." Hanzo smirk before quickly forming the necessary hand signs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was starting to set on a hard day of training for Sakura. She was sitting on the riverbank completely soaked with water and breathing heavily. Her hair and clothes were covered in mud, and her arms and face had several scratch and cut marks.

"You did good, Sakura. A fine first day of training. You can go ahead and go home. Get some rest, we have a team mission tomorrow and you need your strength. We'll do some more training soon, alright?"

"Yes... Sensei..." Sakura replied, out of breath. She shakily got to her feet, picked up her sandles and made her way home. She didnt even bother putting her sandles on, the warm dirt on her wet, cold feet felt nice.

Sakura walked through the front door of her home and was met with her mother, Haruno Mebuki.

"Hello sweetheart, how was-" Mebuki stopped when she saw her daughter covered in mud and scratches. "...training?"

"It was good.. Uh, found out my chakra nature was water so we spent most of the day using water Jutsu."

"Um, alright.. Go get washed up for dinner. And put your sandles next to the door please." Sakura nodded and dropped her sandals at the door before going upstairs to clean up. She went to bed that night feeling sore but confident in herself.

'Despite the absolute pain I'm in, I'm glad I went to train with Uzumaki-Sensei. I know Naruto and Sasuke are way ahead of me in terms of combat, but hopefully with Sensei's training I'll be able to catch up.' Sakura thought. She smiled to herself as she drifted off to sleep, her dreams filled with Naruto.