Ch.17 Powerful New Rivals

Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke decided to spend their newfound day off together. They skittered about the village, going to shops and generally messing around. Meanwhile, Hanzo and Kakashi were still in their meeting with the Hokage and the other Jonin and Chunin of the village.

"Now then, in conjunction with beginning the Chunin Exam, let us first have those in charge of the rookie Genin cone forward." The Third Hokage said. Kakashi, Hanzo, Kurenai, and Asuma had all stepped forward.

 Kakashi, Hanzo, Kurenai, and Asuma had all stepped forward

"So? Are there any Genin from your squads you wish to recommend for these exams? It goes without saying, but if it's a Genin who has carried out eight or more formal missions, you can recommend them for the exams if you wish

"So? Are there any Genin from your squads you wish to recommend for these exams? It goes without saying, but if it's a Genin who has carried out eight or more formal missions, you can recommend them for the exams if you wish. Well, as a general rule, having carried out more than twice that amount of missions is appropriate. Then, you first Kakashi."

"The Kakashi-led Group Seven. Uchiha Sasuke. Uzumaki Naruto. Haruno Sakura. I, Hatake Kakashi, recommend these three for the Chunin Exam."

"The Kurenai-led Group Eight. Hyuga Hinata. Inuzuka Kiba. Aburame Shino. These three, I, Yuhi Kurenai, recommend the same."

"The Asuma-led Group Ten. Yamanaka Ino. Nara Shikamaru. Akimichi Choji. These three, I, Sarutobi Asuma, recommend the same."

There were whispers from the other Jonin and Chunin in the room. They were surprised all the rookies had been recommended. Iruka then stepped forward.

"Wait a minute!" Iruka shouted.

"What is it, Iruka?" The Hokage saked.

"Lord Hokage, please let me say one thing. This may be presumptuous, but as for the nine names that were given, I was in charge of them as the Academy. Admittedly, they were all students with ability, but it's too soon! They should be tested after having gained more experience!" Iruka declared.

"I became a Chunin when I was six years younger than Naruto is now." Kakashi said.

"And I a year younger than that. What's your point, Iruka?" Hanzo asked.

"Naruto is different from the both of you! Is it your intent to crush Naruto?!" Iruka shouted.

"Its our intent to test them! You forget yourself, Iruka. I am well aware of my brother's capabilities, you forget I had to raise him since we were kids. And I think you severely underestimate them." Hanzo said with a glare. A hearty laugh could be heard from the side of the room. Everyone turned and saw that it was Zabuza. He and Anko were standing off to the side, with Anko leaning against Zabuza with a smile.