Ch.18 Preliminarily Exams

The next day, the team didnt have any missions so they decided to relax. Naruto was walking down a path, minding own business when he ran into Konohamaru and his friends.

"Hey, Naruto! Let's play!"

"Sure. I dont have any missions today, so I'll play with you guys!" Suddenly, a ninja from the Land of Rain appeared and snatched Moegi. The ninja fled into the woods with Naruto and the others in pursuit. Naruto eventually cornered the ninja in a clearing where he had tied Moegi to a tree.

"That was fast.." The ninja said.

"Hey! You fat old man! What're you going to do with Moegi?"

"What am I going to do, you ask? You want to know?" The ninja holds a Kunai to Moegi's throat. "Dont move! If you do, the brat's dead meat!"

"Why are you doing this?!" Naruto shouted.

"I want the First Hokage's Scroll of Sealing! If you bring it to me, I'll return the brat!"

"What'll happen.. if I say, heck no?"

"You dont care what happens to this brat?"

"Heh, I'm fine with whatever happens to that bunch of straw, I say."

The ninja turns and sees that Moegi has been replaced by a straw dummy while a shadow clone is up in the tree with Moegi. Naruto throws a net onto the ninja and dog piles him with four other clones. But after capturing the ninja, it turns out the ninja escaped with the Substitute jutsu.

On the other side of the village, at the same time, Sakura was just returning home after a long training session with Hanzo. She had began to settle in and relax when she heard a knock at the front door. She opened the door and smiled when she saw Naruto.

"Hi, Naruto. What are you doing here?"

"Hi, Sakura. I was wondering if you wanted to go for a walk with me."

"I'd love to." Sakura and Naruto make their way to the training fields. During the entire walk, something seemed off about Naruto. Not quite himself.

"Naruto, is everything alright. You've been very quiet."

"Sakura.. you should probably give up on the Chunin Exam, it's too early for you."

"What!? Naruto, how could you say that!? After all the work I've put in, the extra training with your brother! After what we went through in the Land of Waves, how can you tell me to give up?!"

"Sakura, there are going to be alot of really strong ninja in the exam."

"So what! I may not be as strong as you or Sasuke, but I'm still strong enough!"

"Sakura, I'm just worried about you." Suddenly, a ninja from the Land of Rain appears on the center pole of the training field.

"Haha! What a display of affection." The ninja mocked.

"You should leave before I clobber ya!" Naruto shouted. The ninja jumps into the air and throws an umbrella at Naruto. Naruto counters by throwing a Kunai at the umbrella, however, as they make contact the umbrella explodes into dozens of Kunai knives and barrage Naruto. Naruto falls to the ground, knives littering his body.

"Naruto..." Sakura looked on in horror. The boys the loved seemingly dead on the ground.

"Hahaha! Not so tough was he!" The ninja laughs. Sakura grits her teeth, her hands clenched into fists.

"I'm.. I'm.. IM GONNA KILL YOU!!" Sakura turns and glares at the ninja, her eyes turning blue for a brief moment. Sakura rapidly did a series of hand signs.