Ch. 14 The Broken Seal

With Naruto and the others dealing with Haku within her Crystal Ice Mirrors, that left Kakashi and Hanzo to deal with Zabuza. Seeing no other option, Kakashi lifted his headband and revealed his Sharingan once more.

"The Sharingan again? Such an unimaginative guy." Zabuza said. Zabuza charged at Kakashi, swinging the Executioner. Kakashi dodged the attack and Zabuza was countered by Hanzo.

"Let's level the playing field! Vapor Style! Steam Dragon Jutsu!" Hanzo shouted, rapidly forming hand signs. The mist around the Jonin began to quickly collect and heat up. The steam took shape into that of a dragon with glowing red eyes and lunged at Zabuza.

"Steam!?" Zabuza shouted in surprise. Zabuza jumps out of the way of the dragon, but it follows him. Zabuza continues to dodge the dragon until it slams into the ground just in front of him, showering him with hot water.

From within the ice mirrors, Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke continue to try and break free from Haku's jutsu. But no matter how hard they try, Haku is just too fast for them.

Outside, Zabuza continues to battle Kakashi and Hanzo. Zabuza thickens the mist around them and disappears in an attempt to escape.

"You cant hide from me, Zabuza!"

"There you are! Vapor Style! Steam Bomb!" Hanzo shouted, spotting Zabuza through the mist

"There you are! Vapor Style! Steam Bomb!" Hanzo shouted, spotting Zabuza through the mist. The mist around Zabuza suddenly became very hot extremely fast and exploded at Zabuza's feet sending him to the ground.

"I thought you learned Zabuza? Not even your mist can hide you from my eyes."

"Damn it..."

From within the ice mirrors, Haku has beaten down the three young rookies. Sasuke is on the ground, barley moving while Naruto and Sakura are about to collapse. Haku aims a set of Senbon needles at Naruto and throws them, Naruto braces for the impact but it never comes. Naruto looks up and sees Sakura standing over him, the needles sticking out of her back.

"S-Sakura?" Naruto stared at Sakura, his eyes wide in shock.

"Naruto..." Sakura said in barley a whisper. Sakura falls, but before she can hit the ground Naruto catches her in his arms.

"Sakura, why?" Sakura reaches up and places her hand on Naruto's cheek. She gave him a weak smile as tears welled up in her eyes.

"N-Naruto... I wanted to do so much... my dream... isnt as noble as Sasuke's... or yours... all I ever wanted was to become the best ninja I could... and at the end..." Sakura's eyes close as her hand falls from Naruto's cheek. Her body goes limp in his arms as she goes cold. Naruto gently puts her on the ground next to Sasuke.

"I wont forgive you..." Naruto growled. Steam began to rise from the ground around Naruto. The air itself began to heat up around him, evaporating the water around the mirrors. Unexpectedly, a spiral of swirling, red chakra surrounded Naruto. His eyes became red and slitted, his whiskers became more prominent, and his nails became claws.

 His eyes became red and slitted, his whiskers became more prominent, and his nails became claws

"I'm going to kill you!" Above Naruto, the chakra took shape. A sinister image could be seen, the face of the Nine Tails, snarling and growling. The Senbon needles embedded in Naruto's body suddenly popped out as his wounds began to heal rapidly.

From outside the mirrors, Kakashi, Zabuza, and Hanzo could feel the sinister chakra of the Nine Tails.

"No, this chakra.. it cant be... has the seal broken!? Naruto!?" Hanzo shouted in panic. Naruto charged at the mirrors. With a single strike he shattered one of the mirrors. Haku kept from the shattered mirror from above Naruto and attempted to stab him with several Senbon needles, but Naruto jumped away from the attack. Naruto was quick to catch Haku before she could escape into another mirror.

On the outside, Kakashi and Hanzo realized that the seal on Naruto wasn't broken but loosened. Acting fast Kakashi pulled a summoning scroll from his vest, cut his finger, and smeared his blood along the scroll.

"Let's finish this Zabuza!" Kakashi declared. Naruto held a tight grip on Haku, and with a his enhanced might he struck Haku across the face, sending through one of her ice mirrors and rolling across the ground. Haku shakily got to her feet as her mask broke and crumbled to the ground. Naruto approached Haku as Hanzo appeared next to him.

"Naruto! Are you alright?!"

"I'm alright... but..." Naruto turned towards the bodies of Sasuke and Sakura. Hanzo saw them and his heart sank.

"Go to them, Naruto. I'll take it from here." Naruto noded and ran towards Sasuke and Sakura. Hanzo turned to Haku with hate in his eyes, while Haku looked at him with sadness.

"I suppose that moment we had in the forest was just a ploy, huh?" Hanzo asked, glaring at Haku. Haku looked at Hanzo shocked.

"No! It was real... I cant explain it... but I cant help but feel drawn to you and I dont even know you... even when I knew we would battle and one of us would die at each other's hand, I still held out hope of being able to get to know you... and now you seek vengeance after what I did to your comrades..." Haku and Hanzo stared at each other as Hanzo drew his sword.

"Just make it quick.." Haku said, her head lowered. Hanzo walked over to Haku and lifted the blade to her heart. However, just before he could plunge his blade into her, she suddenly swatted the blade away and teleported away using one of her ice mirrors.

"What!? But, where did... Kakashi!"

Kakashi sped towards a trapped Zabuza. Zabuza was being held in place by a number of ninja hounds as Kakashi rushed at his with his one only original technique, the Lightning Blade. Kakashi intended to kill Zabuza. As he approached Zabuza, Haku suddenly appeared in front of the attack intending to sacrifice herself. Kakashi was moving too fast and was unable to change his direction as he neared her. Just as the Jutsu was about to stab Haku through the heart, Hanzo appeared between Kakashi and Haku, he grabbed Kakashi's arm and flung it upwards away from Haku and Zabuza. Everyone looked at Hanzo in shock and surprise.

"Hanzo, why?" Kakashi asked.