Ch.7 Journey to the Land of Waves

It's been several weeks since Naruto and the others had become ninja and started doing missions. The team had just finished another low rank mission of finding a missing cat and were in the Hokage's office ready to receive their next mission.

"Well done team seven, I have your next D Class mission ready for you. You can pick from the-" Lord Hogake was cut off when Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura began to shout.

"No way!" Naruto said.

"We're tired of all these lame missions!" Sasuke jumped in.

"Yeah, cant we have something more exciting!" Sakura continued. The Hokage stares at the three young Genin with curiosity. Before the three could yell at the Hokage any further, Hanzo smacks them all upside the head.

"Are the three of you fools?! Dont yell at the Lord Hokage!" Hanzo shouted.

"But Uzumaki-Sensei, we're tired of these baby missions." Sakura said, rubbing her head.

"They do have a point, Hanzo. It might be about time to go up in mission rank. Lord Hokage, I formally request that team seven be granted a rank C mission." Kakashi said. The Hokage is quiet for a moment as he takes a long drag from his pipe. He blows a large plum of smoke before speaking.

"Hanzo, do you share Kakashi's thoughts on this matter of a higher ranked mission for team seven?" The Hokage asked.

"Despite my little brothers and student's bluntness of the topic, yes I also share the sentiment."

"Very well. I grant team seven a C rank mission. In this mission you all will be bodyguards for someone." The Hokage then shouts out towards the hallway for someone to come in. The man that enters is an elderly man drinking some sake named Tazuna.

"What's this? It's just a bunch of darned squirts! I'm Tazuna, veteran bridge builder. You'll be risking life and limb in guarding me to the max until I return to my land and complete my bridge!" Tazuna declared, much to the irritation of the three young ninja.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team seven was now leaving the village with Tazuna. Their first real mission officially beginning.

"Wow, I've never left the village before. This is pretty exciting!" Naruto shouted with excitement.

"I know, I wonder if we'll meet any exciting people in the Land of Waves." Sakura said, smiling.

"Its better if we dont meet anyone on the way. Itll make our job easier." Kakashi said.

"Come on Kakashi, let them dream a bit." Hanzo said, placing his hand on Kakashi's shoulder.

"Hey, Sakura. You've been training with Hanzo for the past few weeks right? Learn anything cool?" Sasuke asked.

"I learned alot with Uzumaki-Sensei. Honestly, water Jutsu is pretty hard to learn especially since I'm at a disadvantage compared to other ninja." Sakura said.

"How are you at a disadvantage?" Naruto asked.

"Since my chakra nature is water, it's harder for me to learn other types of Justu. Especially, fire and earth style. But I thought of a way to help me stay ready if there's trouble." Sakura explains.

"How?" Sasuke asked. Sakura points to her lower back and the boys see a one liter canteen of water.

"I carry the water around with me." Sakura said, a hint of pride in her voice at her clever work around.

"That's pretty smart. And the closer we get to the Land of Waves, the more water you'll be able to use." Naruto praised.

"Thanks, Naruto." Sakura blushed at Naruto's praise.

"You know, Sakura, you wont always need that canteen. Eventually, you'll be strong enough that you can create water from your chakra alone." Hanzo said.

"Really!? That sounds amazing! Can you do that with your chakra?" Sakura asked with stars in her eyes.

"Sure can." Hanzo said with a chuckle. The group continue their journey for a long while. Kakashi, Hanzo, and Tazuna are silent for the most part as all the talking came from Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto, who were having a great time being outside the village. While walking the group passes by a small puddle of water in the road.

When they have completely passed the puddle, two Hidden Mist ninja rise from the puddle and attack Kakashi and Hanzo with a spiked chain that connects the two Shinobi together. Hanzo draws his sword and slashes at the chain, breaking it. The mist ninja detach the broken chain from their clawed gauntlets and race passed the two Jonin towards Tazuna, however Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke leap into action. All three perform handsigns and use their Ninjutsu.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

"Fireball Jutsu!"

"Water Viper Jutsu!"

Naruto creates two clones of himself that leap towards the mist ninja, but they swipe at the clones with their claws making them disappear. After defeating the clones, one is engulfed by the flames of Sasuke's attack while the other is attacked by snakes made of water by Sakura, that bite and hold the ninja in place.

However, the ninja that was engulfed in the flames jumps out and swipes at Naruto, catching him off guard. The ninja's claws swipe across Naruto's hand as Kakashi and Hanzo swoop in and quickly incapacitate the mist ninja, knocking them unconscious.

"Is everyone alright?" Hanzo asked.

"I'm alright." Sakura replied.

"Same." Sasuke said.

"Other than my hand, I'm fine." Naruto said, cradling his injured hand.

"Their claws have poison, we need to get it out of Naruto quickly." Kakashi said.

"I can get it out." Sakura said, walking towards Naruto with a glob of chakra infused water in her hands. But she is stopped by Hanzo.

"Better let me handle this Sakura. I've dealt with getting poison out before, dont worry little brother, you'll be fine." Hanzo was able to successfully get the poison out of Naruto, using chakra infused water to pull the poison out of Naruto's blood stream. While bandaging his hand, Hanzo noticed that the wound was steaming and rapidly closing on its own.

'So, the other half of the Nine-Tails' chakra is beginning to effect his body. I better keep a close eye on you, little brother.' Hanzo thought. After tying up the Mist ninja, Kakashi and Hanzo approach Tazuna.

"So Tazuna, care to explain yourself." Kakashi said.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Those were Chunin from the Village Hidden in the Mist. And they were targeting you. C rank missions are not ment to have other ninja as opposition, especially not assassins." Hanzo explained.

"Missions that have the opponents as other ninja are ranked as A or B, which means you lied about this mission, right?" Kakashi said. Tazuna is quiet, giving the Jonin his answer.

"I suppose that means we go back to the village and abandon this mission." Hanzo suggests.

"No way!" Sakura suddenly yells, getting the attention of Tazuna and the Jonin.

"We cant quit! The mission just started!" Sasuke shouted.

"This mission is beyond all of you, you're not ready." Hanzo said sternly.

"Yes we are! We keep going! You listen to me old man! We'll get you to your village, i give you my word we will!" Naruto declared. Sasuke and Sakura voiced their support with Naruto, standing by his side.

"It would appear we've been out voted Hanzo." Kakashi said.

"Apparently. Alright, we continue the mission, but stay on high alert. And Tazuna, you had better stay close. These wont be the last ninja we come across." Hanzo said. Tazuna nodded as the younger ninja cheered. With the matter closed, the group continued on.