Part 27

"Hyung was so cool!" HeungKai said with a giggle. YeonJun just rolled his eyes at that. Although, a small part of him felt pride prick his senses. Cool. HeungKai thought it was cool. Even if it nigh gave him a mini heart attack. It was nice to know at least it was worth something. They still would need to figure out a way to make BTS pay, to show that they were willing to work hard to regain their youngest member, which had been swiftly inducted into the TXT group like nothing more. For all that Jungkook was fourteen, he acted almost as young and naive as HeungKai at times. It was endearing, but YeonJun could not help but be a bit worried at that as well. It usually meant that something had happened, after all. Something deeply traumatizing, YeonJun was not sure that he liked the thought of that, but then again, he pushed such things to the side. They did not know much about Jungkook, and it was obvious that the BTS gang did not know much about him either. Otherwise they would have known that such actions that Taehyung and Jimin had decided to take would lead to most unfavourable outcomes. Then again, YeonJun knew that Jimin and Taehyung did not necessarily think things through at the best of times. They were somewhat impulsive, which while understandable for Taehyung, came as quite the shock for most when it came to Jimin. 

"I am glad you think so." Yeonjun said with a small smile in HeungKai's direction. He felt a small, light touch on his shoulder, knowing immediately who it was, without having to turn to look. They had been watching over Jungkook for quite a bit now, considering, and it was startlingly easy to detect the other shifter. He had originally thought that it would be more complicated for Jungkook to really feel at home among them, but Jungkook seemed to have a way to surprise them all, because it was far easier than he had thought it would be for everyone to accept the older boy. He was not a part of their group, but he was a part of their family. If that made any sense, YeonJun did not really know exactly how to explain it really well. 

"Thank you, for standing up to them for me." Jungkook whispered, having pulled YeonJun to the side a bit. Soobin was still able to hear them, and kept a close eye on the two, as well as the rest of the group to ensure that they had some semblance of privacy. Something both Jungkook and YeonJun made a mental note to thank him for. There was a reason he was the leader, despite YeonJun being the eldest and the one with the final say in most things. "I...I do not think that I could have done it." 

YeonJun gave the boy a small smile and ruffled his hair. Jungkook ducked slightly, but allowed the fond touches. They all knew that he was secretly incredibly tactile and loved these small things, but he was just a little uncomfortable receiving them. Something that truly broke YeoJun's heart to pieces when he thought about it. 

"Well, they need to know that we are here for you. Sure, we may be really young, but all of us are able to handle BTS should we need to. As long as we are together, and as long as you are uncomfortable going back to them, we will help you." YeonJun said sternly. "Besides, they sort of deserve it. What Jimin and Taehyung had done was way out of bounds. There was no reason for it, and it was totally uncalled for. I will bet you the other hyungs warned them too. I know that the two of them can be a bit impulsive at times but even still. They need to learn a lesson. This is the best thing that I can think of. The best way for them to prove themselves, both to you, to the school-which is rather important- and to their other members. That way they should think a bit before they act." YeonJun sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "I know you care about them, but sometimes, that should not really matter. They hurt you. Let them hurt a bit before you agree to go back to them. Let them prove that they are worth your forgiveness. That way this does not happen again." 

Jungkook just held his breath, watching YeonJun in awe. The boy was only a year younger than him, but he seemed to know so much, and he seemed so wise beyond his years. It was a truly startling comparison really. While TXT may only be between the ages of ten and thirteen, it was clear that they knew what they wanted, and they had the ability and the drive to get it. Not for the first time Jungkook was curious as to what really happened between their past. He knew not to bring it up though. 

While he may want to know, and he was certainly curious, he was not going to push them to answer if they did not want to. They had taken him in and he owed them quite a bit. Putting them in an uncomfortable situation was the very last thing that he wanted to do to them. Especially since they were standing up for him between BTS and himself. It meant more to him than he could truly express. It was the first time that someone had truly stood up for him out of selfless disregard. Just because it was the right thing to do, with no obligations. If nothing more, their obligation should be to turn him over to BTS considering they were the seniors. Yet, here they stood. Jungkook wondered if they regretted standing with him. 

Sometimes, he thought that they would eventually realize that they should have saved their breath and energy. Other times, he was grateful that they did not bother to do exactly that when most others would have. 

"What are we going to do to make them prove themselves Hyung?" TaeHyun asked once YeonJun pat Jungkook on the shoulder and wrapped his arm around him, pulling him towards the other group Taehyun had spoken up and as YeonJun looked at him he could see that the younger boy's eyes were wild with thoughts and idea. YeonJun almost laughed out of both joy and stress. 

He had no idea what they were supposed to do for that. It had been a rather impulsive call on his end.