Lesson

(Context: Ruv is taking Selever somehwere. Where? Read to find out!)

Selever's pov:

I walked next to my dad, looking for some opportunity to escape. My eyes drooped as I walked. I didn't even know where we were going.

Ruv: C'mon! Stop slacking!

Sel: Ugh! Fuck of Dad!

I felt a heavy weight on my back, causing me to fall to my knees.

Ruv: You do as I say!

I got back up, following. My ankles were sore from walking. After 10 more minutes of walking, we arrived at a large stone door. My dad pointed toward the wall, near the door.

Ruv: Wait here.

I sat, as he knocked. From behind I could hear shuffling, as well as something heavy being moved. A few clicks, a snap and, slowly and with creaks, the door opened. I watched as he walked inside, now having an opportunity to escape.

Yet, something in my mind was telling me otherwise, like there was a danger  somewhere. I got up, ready to make a run.

Ruv: Selever! Here!

I ignored, trying to run in the opposite direction. However, the direction was not the way I wanted as I ran full speed, not away from the door, but through. I tried stopping, but there was nothing to stop me. I hit something hard, like a pillar of some sort, and blacked out.

...

???: Selever. Wake up. Selever.

I stirred, feeling immense pain in my head, hearing a slightly distinguishable femiminiene voice.

???: It's me Selever. Open your eyes. It's alright.

Now I felt a hand on my face, tender and caring, with...sharp nails? No, that couldn't be right. I lifted my arm,feeling the hand. No doubt, there were long nails. Actually, the felt more like talons. I opened my eyes, seeing a nothing but a dim light. Then, a figure.

???: Selever. It's me.

I recognized the voice more clearly now. But...it couldn't be....could it?

Selever: M...mama?

I opened one eye, seeing the figure. It was her: My mother stood there, wearing her church clothes. Yet, something was off about her. Her eyes appeared to be a glowing deep pink, as horns protruded from under her hair. Her teeth were sharp and sedated, as they flashed an eerie white.

I opened my other eye, standing and feeling groggy. I looked at her hand. Her usually pink nails were talons, sharp and pointy.

Selever: Wh...what is thi-?

Sarvente: I can explain everything Selever. You see...I wasn't from this world. My dad..your grandfather that is...gave life to a mortal soul's womb. And...I never really could get rid of the demonic powers I had from him.

I saw behind her, a pair of large black wings, white outlining on them.

Selever: Wait...does that mean..?

Sarvente: Yes. It does Sel.

I subconsciously realized a strange, peculiar feeling in my back. Placing a hand behind me, I felt a soft, feathery surface.

Sarvente: They grew while you were out.

I felt my head. The bumps that had been there for as long as I could remember were now gone: replaced by smooth, short stubs.

Sarvente: Take a look.

She directed me to a mirror on the wall. I looked in, seeing myself. My wings were half the length my arms, running up my spine, to just below my neck. My eyes glowed dark red, as my hair parted, revealing small, grey horns.

Selever: Does dad kn-?

Sarvente: He knows. I asked him bring you here.

I marvelled, tracing my tounge over the sharp teeth I now adorned. Placing my finger on them, I drew it away, scarred.

Sarvente: Now then, ad we've got all that of the way, let's get down to business. Specifically, your first flight lesson.

I jerked around, shock entering my mind.

Selever: Flying? As in flying flying? Like a bird?

Sarvente: Well, sort of. Now, I want you to begin my moving arms backward in a circle...

...

I flapped my wing's, levitating a foot above the ground for a few seconds. Dropping back down, I panted, out of breath.

Sarvente: That's enough for today. You've done well.

I sat down.tucking wings into my back like I had been shown. Grabbing a nearby water bottle, I drank the contents completely.

Selever: Mama.

Sarvente: Yes. What is it dear?

Selever: Are we....bad?

I felt he arm, which had turned back to normal, around my head.

Sarvente: No. We're not bad. We were just...born different.

I

got up, feeling my wing's dissaper into my back.

Sarvente: Oh, and don't forget this.

She handed me an ointment and two crosses. I looked over to her, seeing her rubbing the ointment on her horns and placing the crosses on them. I copied, rubbing my horns and placing the crosses on them. Looking in the mirror, I saw my eyes were back to their normal green.

Sarvente: Well, are you ready?

I heard a loud noise: like a zipper was being opened. Looking over, I saw a hole in mid air, on the other of which I saw the church.

Selever: H...h..how? When can I learn?

I her hand close my mouth, as she guided me through.

Sarvente: You'll learn that later. For now, we're gonna focus on the important things.

I walked through, a warm feeling of pleasure and acompleshment overwhelming me as I entered my room.

Sarvente: Goodnight Sel.

Sel: Night Ma.

I felt her grab my cheek, giving me a kiss.

Sel: Mama!

She closed the door, as I ran towards the bed, embarrassed. As soon as I got to the covers, I dropped and passed out.