Unplanned: Part 2

(Context: Continuation of the story from the last chapter.)

Sarvente's pov:

I made my way back to the church, making sure to steer clear of the group's of teens hanging about nearby, waiting on their bus. My mind had only the thoughts of those two children. The younger one was so sweet, yet also had a confused look on her face whenever talks came of parents. It reminded me of what I'd been like. How alone I'd felt, how scared I was. How naive I was about how the world worked.

Then there was the boy. He was interesting. As he woke up, we gave him and his sister some time to themselves. The boy seemed to care for his sister a lot, but didn't seem to remember much of what had happened. He seemed like Ruv: mysterious, doubtful and quite honestly, was hostile to strangers like those teenagers. But he was obidoent and kind towards me and Ruv. He seemed to trust us. It was such a shame his memory was poor, other wise we might have gotten some info.

Ruv: You seem worried.

I knew he'd be there, waiting for me to arrive, but I was still suprised.' Old habits die hard.' I thought to myself as I walked inside. I heard the thud of the door, followed by the silence as I could sense him behind me.

Ruv: I'm worried about em too.

The church remained deadly silent, apart from the occasional laugh of young teenagers outside. Our footsteps echoed throughout the silent building.

Ruv: You know, the boy is in Chapel if you want to speak with. Both him and his sister.

At that moment, we passed the large, mahogany wooden doors. There was a crack, through which we could see and hear the two. A lot of muttering could be heard. Then, I stopped. And stared. Walking back, I noticed the boy appeared to be talking a lot in a distressed tone. Putting my eye through the crack, I saw the boy standing, a clear look of frustration on his face.

Selever: It's all my fucking fault! If I'd simply let those two idiots go, we'd have as much a normal life in the void as we possibly could!

Rasazsy: Sel, it ain't your fault. You were right to be angry. That blue haired midget insulted you. He does that all the time to people and gets away with it. We meanwhile, can't even see our parents because of some people.

Selever: Well, now this is worse. We're with our parents and can't tell them we're there kids because we're from the future! I have to fake not remembering much so they won't question us!

Looking at next to me, I saw no me there. 

Rasazay: Well, think of it this way. We can access mom's spellbooks. We can get back to our timeliness easier. He'll, we can at least be with our parents. And I know you're grateful for it.

The boy sat down, clutching his head in what appeared to be pain. The girl rushed forward, placing a hand on his head. Before my eyes, a glow emanated, as her eyes shone blue and red. Then, after a few moments, the shining stopped. The boy put his head back up, eyes slightly dazed before they came back into focus.

Rasazay:See! I've already gotten better with my powers. What's not to say you won't figure out how to get back to our timeline.

Selever: I guess your right. But...How long do I need to keep this up.

Rasazay: Till we find a way back.

There seemed a glimmer of hope in the boy's eyes, as if the word had awoken something in him. Something that yearned for its parents. The girl walked towards the wall. Her hand outstretched again as the seemingly sparked and glowed. Her finger traced in the air, creating a sort of oval shape. Soon, it was a gleaming hole in the air which she hopped through.

But my attention was on the boy. As his sister went through the portal, he waved a hand, causing it to close. He appeared to be preoccupied with some plants, fiddling them around and pruning leaves here and there. My eyes drew to his head. The crosses that once had been there, which he'd worn were now gone. Instead, they seemed to have turned strechty, coiling around a pair of elongated, sharp, horns that were similar to mine. His other hand held some photos.

Eventually, he got up, walked over to where the portal had been and snapped his finger. At the same time, he tossed the flowers forward, causing another portal, this time like a doorway to appear. As he walked through, the pictures dropped.

When I was sure he was gone, I opened the door. Closing it behind me, I could feel my chest tightening. These kids were mine. Mine and Ruv's. Yet, they could not tell is, for fear of breaking time. The boy reminded me of myself.

Looking for a way to distract myself, I picked the photos he'd dropped. One showed my face, smiling while holding a rose. Next to it was the caption " Mother's day 5: When can I go back home?". Below this was a date:  8th May.

I remembered vividly what had happened on that day. It had normal when, I found a rose on the ground. At the time, I didn't think much about it. The only thought of mine was how pretty the rose looked. The other photos were similar.

One showed me and Ruv on our first date together, with the caption "They're getting closer...closet to having us, closer to us going back home...". Another had just Ruv in it, holding a teen by the arm. "I may not have liked you dad, but now, I want to be with you and mama.".

As I heatrd footsteps coming in my direction, I quickly pocketed the photos, running to behind the door as one of the mum's passed by. I knew I couldn't help these kids alone. For that I'd need Ruv's help. But that would mean I'd need to tell him everything about me.

I decided I'd tell him so tomorrow.