🎐ᵃⁿᵍʳʸ🎐

When the grandfather clock of the main pack house of Horizon pack struck one in night, Kim Taehyung was still awake. He shuffled along his bedsheet, not getting even an ounce sleep. He suddenly sat up, bored by his lack of sleep. This is frustrating, he thought, picking up his side pillow.

He walked towards his parents' room, only to find the room locked. 

"God!", the prime alpha grunted, while walking back to his room, thinking what to do in this cricket chirping environment.
He picked up a cigar and held the pipe against his lips. Before he was about to light it, he shook his head, throwing the brown, cylindrical object away.

He took out a black coloured disc out of his drawer, and went towards the huge golden gramophone placed on his side desk. The alpha lied down on his armchair, a lazy sigh leaving his lips. 

A few seconds later, soft melody of 'Baker Street' filled the richly furnitured huge bedroom of the prime alpha.
Taehyung sighed deeply, caressing his empty ring finger. Ever since anyone was recognized as an alpha, they were given a pair of mate-rings, for them to gift it to their mate, once they find them.

Taehyung, just after the rings was given to him, threw them away, considering the idea of having a mate as 'useless'.

The alpha chuckled. I bet my mate won't be able to keep up with my temper, Taehyung thought, laughing internally.
He closed his eyes, counting the number of maids who dismissed themselves from their jobs, not being able to keep up with their master's temper.

Only if he knew what destiny has planned for him.

《🎐🎐》

"How can you be so careless ?! Do you know what would have happened if this didn't catch my eyes ?! Is this how you guard the palace and its people ?!", Taehyung's loud and harsh growl resonated through the huge garden, situated behind their pack house.

The beta guard flinched, shacking at the prime alpha's harsh voice.

Taehyung was holding a five year old boy's shoulders tightly, who was still shivering.
Kim Shiwon, son of Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin, like any other kid, was playing in the garden, while the gaurd was standing behind him, protecting him from any upcoming danger.

What the beta didn't know was that, a rogue alpha wolf standing behind the bush, who attacked Shiwon, the moment when his eyes weren't on the child.

Lucky for them, the prime alpha was nearby, and quickly jumped into action, saving his brother's son's life.

"Answer now! What would have you done if I weren't here ?!", Taehyung again growled, as the beta started shaking violently; the alpha voice working on him.

"Taehyung it's enough. You're scaring him", Seokjin stepped in, taking his son in his arms, while Namjoon just kept observing the whole commotion.

"No hyung. He gets paid, to look after Shiwon. Not to spend his time in leisure!", breathing angrily, the prime alpha spoke, his eyes turning concerningly yellow.
"Everyone deserves a second chance, Taehyung. And it's not like Shiwon is hurt, right ? Why are you letting your anger get the best of you ?", Kim Daehyun, father of Kim Taehyung and Kim Namjoon, ex prime alpha of Horizon pack spoke, not being able to handle his son's behavior towards the guard anymore.

He knew that Taehyung was strict. So strict, that sometimes, he crosses the line between discipline and disrespect. The prime alpha had always been like this. A perfectionist; as everyone in the pack likes to call him.

"Give him another chance ? Father, are you insane ? What if he makes the same mistake again ?", the alpha grunted in a demanding manner.
Seokjin, being a beta, seemed to have been affected by the angry pheromones released by Taehyung. Namjoon held his back for support, smiling subtly at him.

"Let's see if he does the same mistake again, Taehyung. Then we'll take the decision of whether to fire him or not to fire him. You, inspite of being the pack alpha, seemed to have forgotten, that we never leave the weak behind. Got that ?", Daehyun said calmly, knowing shouting at the pack alpha will only add fuel to the small matter.

"Fine then! You live with your pack rules and these fucking weaklings!", letting the last growl leave his lips, Taehyung turned into his wolf form, running away towards the forest, behind their pack town.