Chapter 10: Enter the Fighter Pack

Hope you guys are enjoying the story!

As always, thanks for everyone's support. You guys make it happen. Really. 

.

.

.

Walking ten miles was a piece of cake. This was perfectly fine. 

"Ten miles isn't even that hard," I commented to the group. 

"It hasn't even been ten minutes yet," Opal pointed out to me.

"Wow it felt like ten hours," I groaned out. "I need some entertainment."

Ara put her book down she was reading. "Shall I read a line to you?"

"Please don't!" Flora exclaimed. Then in a  much lowered voice she said, "We have Callum right there!"

By there, Flora meant way in front of us. Out of hearing distance for a normal person. Werewolf hearing, however is different. But I didn't care. I wanted something entertaining.

"Read away," I grinned at her. Ara smiled back at me. She cleared her throat gently, looking back at her book. Starting off with the first line.

"His voice sounded like velvet," Ara spoke out loud.

"Hold on," I shook my head. "What does velvet even sound like?"

Opal cocked her head to the side thinking while Flora hummed her thoughts. All of us walking way behind Callum, pondering this. Really, what did authors mean when they said a guy's voice was velvet. Smooth like velvet? What did a smooth voice even sound like?

Ara continued, "Ethan grasped her hand-"

"Ew what kind of name is Ethan?" Opal interrupted. 

"Opal that's not nice," Flora admonished.

"No, she's right," Ara smile slightly. "Ethan isn't a hot name at all. Kind of kills the book for me a little."

I nodded, "Agreed." Thankfully, no Stryder was named Ethan.

"What's in a name?" Flora sighed dreamily. Surely thinking about her lovely reunion with her mate. We all stifled our laughter as Callum glanced back to make sure we were still alive and breathing.

As we walked in silence again, I wondered about my parents being here. Did I walk the same steps they walked? What were they doing here in this weird pack? For some reason, knowing my parents were here, a ghost of themselves way before I was even born bought be a small comfort.

Thankfully, the trees in the forest provided shade from the sun, so it was chilly. I didn't think of myself as an outdoorsy person at all, but looking at the nature around me was nice for once. Something my parents always tried to get me to enjoy. "The mall is better," I would tell them. Mom would sigh while Dad laughed, telling me he would go shopping with me if I could complete my training. The best motivation for me, honestly.

Now we're going to the Fighter Pack which seemed like it was pretty hardcore. I knew some things about training. My magic was something that I inherited from my parents- being powerful but unpredictable. 

Training me was definitely like pulling teeth. My parents didn't even attempt to train me themselves. Mom helped me a lot with my magic control, but as far as the physical stuff like defense and attack- I went to the pros.