Chapter 30 : A Wrong Feeling

Sorry for the delay. Life happened. I just didn't know when I would update, but here it is.

Sincerely, I have to thank you guys for your patience and time reading this. As always, your support always means the world.

.

.

.

Dragging Erico to go shopping with me was going to be hard. Except I was on a mission. And I didn't want to go shopping alone because who would carry my bags for me?

"I'll buy you the latest video game you want." I stared him down across the dining table. Mom was already gone early in the morning to her meetings which I knew meant a lot. Mom was not in the least a morning person. She hated to wake up early, so that's what Dad was for. They worked together good like that, and he let Mom sleep in as much as she wanted.

Mom had been managing that for a while now without Dad, and it felt just plain weird. Not seeing her or Dad at the table eating with us- one of them always made sure we ate.

Erico considered it for a moment, tapping his fingers on the plate. "Hmm..."

"Two. Two of the latest games. I won't even bother you for at least one full day so you can enjoy it," I relented, knowing he was playing me like a fiddle. My little brother was a little brat, but he definitely got it from me.

"Now we're talking," Erico crossed his arms, leaning back on the chair. "Get me out of training too and you're in."

"How do you suppose I can do that? I think Mom is going to convince Uncle Kenshi when he comes back to get us on track. I know I haven't been training at the academy." I frowned, thinking about how I didn't really have much training on my magic. It'd been going haywire, and I haven't tried doing anything lately. Maybe it would be an actual good thing to do it.

"You'll think of something, I'm sure. Or you can go alone in your shopping spree you know I hate so much."

"Excuse me," I rolled my eyes dramatically, "you can also buy some clothes for yourself."

"Freya, have you thought of minimalism?"

I threw my napkin at him.

XXXX

Des was our driver, and he was nervous. "I- I never had you two ever to deal with. If something were to happen, I know I'd die by one of your family members."

"It's a good thing we know how to handle ourselves just fine," I assured him. Erico sent Mom a text that we were going to the mall.

It was a problem before - going out shopping. As long as we wore some kind of disguise that didn't make us recognizable, it would usually be okay. Dad used to wear some kind of Clark Kent glasses outside, but now that he didn't care who knew who he was, he stopped. Which caused some problems, but for the most part, people left him alone despite knowing who he was.

Erico now wore those huge glasses that made him look so adorable- Mom loved it. She made him take a selfie with it on to show her. Erico made a face when I took our selfie, sending it to Mom.

"We look so cute," I gushed.

"Ugh," Erico stuck out his tongue.

After reassuring Des for the hundredth time everything was fine, shopping went smoothly. Erico was nothing but honest with me when I tried on some dresses and shoes. Saying they were ugly. Saying why they were so expensive. Saying how being rich didn't make you have style.