Chapter 19: Staged Right

AHHH thank you guys for all the support! This story is as fun to make as The Vampire Prince (which was just such a joy too). You guys are a huge part of it too. 

Vote. Comment. Enjoy.

.

.

.

Everyone surrounded me- Ara, Flora, Daria, Trey. Asking so many questions to Callum and Opal, I could only think of one thing.

No signs of Daisuke. Daisuke, who tried to actually save me.

"It's like no trace of them ever existed," Daria said. She explained what was going on while Ara and Opal helped me limp- more like lifted me up- as we made our way to the Fighter Pack together. Trey and Flora were in the front while Callum was one step behind us.

Daria made it clear that all us, including Trey, needed to head back to the main pack. Julian was aware of what was going on too and getting trackers on the move.

"Freya, could you at all identify or remember who attacked you?" Daria asked me. I held my breath. 

Something must have been on my face because Callum's eyes zeroed in at me right at the moment. There's just no way he could've known I thought Adrienne for a moment. My face really can't hide anything.

"Who." A harsh demand.

I hesitated to answer him. How could I break Flora's heart like that? Would she even believe me when I told her it was Adrienne?

Callum would believe you, a tiny voice in my head whispered. 

"All wolves look the same to me," I responded lamely. 

Callum stared at me for a moment, considering my lie. I didn't like to lie like this, but knowing it was Adrienne made it worse. Protecting Flora's feelings right now was the only important one.

"When your amnesia wears off, let me know."

"Why?" I narrowed my eyes, glaring. Callum leveled my glare. His response exactly what I feared.

 "So I can kill them for daring to hurting you like that." He looked away, stalking off into the forest as the Fighter Pack came into view.

Getting back to the Fighter Pack was chaotic. Everyone was in motion. Being ordered around the camp, some shifted werewolves headed out to patrol.

Daria guided us to where Liam was with Catoria, talking to a group of the burly wolves.

Liam looked up, seeing me limp, and he jogged over to us. "Freya, looks like you didn't come back unscathed."

"Some wolves got to her," Daria responded tightly. "She's the only causality so far in this mess."

"I would never have let that happen to me," Catoria sneered. 

I sighed, my patience thin with her. "Good for you, I guess. We all need to be able to defend ourselves." 

Liam grinned at me, giving me a wink. "You're a tough cookie, Freya. A human getting away from wolves is no easy feat. I say that takes some guts and a miracle."

"Whatever," Catoria rolled her eyes.

"We'll see you soon," Liam said. "First, we need to make sure the pack is safe for sure."