Chapter 12: Plans Fall

Appreciate everyone's amazing support!

Like the story so far? Comment on it because sometimes I wonder if the chapter I put out is any good :/

Yes, even this being my 4th story, I still doubt myself *nervous laughter* 

.

.

.

All three of my friends jump on me as soon as they see me come back to the camp. The questions are out in rapid fire.

"Freya where were you!" Opal exclaimed.

"We were worried sick-" Flora gasped.

"You would not survive in the wild!"

I grinned at her as she hugged me, "Right about that one, Ara." We all laughed, and it was nice to feel good for once. I turned back, to see Callum standing there a small distance away giving us a little privacy. Blinking back my surprise.

"I knew Callum could get you," Opal's bright blue eyes shined as she looked at me. "He's great, isn't he?" She sighed contently. 

All I could do is remember his promise of strawberry muffins. Those muffins he made sure were great.

I cleared my throat, saying a noncommittal response so if Callum were to ease drop he couldn't ever say I said anything good about him. 

"Come on, let's get some breakfast. I know you're starving," Opal pulled my hand. Flora placed a hand on her stomach momentarily before groaning in agreement.

Breakfast at the camp was...the worst.

Unidentified meat in the porridge and a piece of bread. We were served by a group of smaller looking wolves compared to those Viking ones I saw earlier.

I only snagged a piece of bread, sitting down in the area designated to eat, sitting on the ground or logs. Callum was actually present too, sitting nearby. For some reason, his presence was a comforting blanket.

Where Callum was, Liam was not.

Liam was on the other side, glaring at our side. His gaze went to mine and he winked at me. I forced a smile as Catoria's glare could be felt clear as day.

Opal nudged me. "You sure you don't want a piece of my bread? You didn't eat any dinner yesterday either."

Truthfully, I didn't have an appetite. And something I couldn't eat were bugs. I drew a line somewhere. Except I didn't know what in the world it was or why they would be eating it like it was nothing.

"Sometimes supplies run low," Ara explained to me, looking down at her porridge. "We try our best to get the meat. In fact, the supplies usually go to the Fighter Division pack recently. They've been getting the best stuff."

"Until now," I commented. I lifted up my piece of bread. "I'm fine with my bread, really."

My stomach growled.

All three of them gave me their bread. Including Callum. He stood, plopping his bread on my plate without saying anything. Leaving as he did.

XXXX

Daria ordered me to get some water from the lake, and I hesitated. Not knowing if I should tell her about my near death. Callum said to be near him, but he was nowhere to be seen.