two

Days were passing by quickly and Jeno and Jaemin met frequently and Jeno had to make excuses to leave the shift early to study more. They often met at the library or in their respective houses if they wanted to study together or when they thought studying together seemed much more productive.

“It's done!” Jeno said in excitement as he hugged Jaemin after his English exam. “One more left, baby!”

Jaemin chuckled awkwardly.

His heart was about to explode and his face was getting hotter every second and he wasn't liking it. He just wanted to calm his feelings down until they are done having this conversation. Clearing his throat, “I've still got 2 more,” he said and let out a sigh.

“It's fine,” Jeno said, hitting his arm gently. “You're gonna do that computer stuff well. Don't worry.” he encouraged.

Jaemin hoped the same. “Hey, uh, by the way, I was wondering if we could hang out after the last exam. Just the two of us,” he asked hesitatingly scratching the back of his head.

Jaemin swore he never thanked god as hard as he did that moment after Jeno agreed and didn't ask any further questions.

-----

Jeno was breaking his head over his physics practice papers in the library when he saw Jiya approaching him and sat next to him.

“Hey,  can I join you?” she asked.

Jeno nodded. Overall, Jeno thought it was a normal study session, she had few doubts and they spoke a lot of things about the University. It felt awkward sometimes but it was okay. Almost like he had forgotten some of the triggers she caused.

“I like this. Can we do this often?” Jiya said at the end and Jeno was fine with it.

It was the exam day for Jaemin, he felt the anxiety rushing through his veins. He walked into the "war zone" which he loved to call with all his necessary weapons and was done in no time. It wasn't a bad attempt, he thought, it was way better than what he had expected.

Jaemin rambled the entire exam to Jeno at the library who was multitasking with the practice problems while giggling at Jaemin's review. Jaemin was beyond exhausted at this point but the only motivation was that there was one more exam and the day where he was finally going to let out all his unspoken emotions with Jeno.

Jaemin was about to ask Jeno if he would join him for lunch when they were joined by Jiya.

“I found these questions and I almost got a heart attack,” she began and sat next to Jeno. Jeno held his head immediately as he went through them.

“Oh, hello, Jaemin-ah, didn't notice you there,” she said and chuckled.

Okay wow. He saw her a few times but he didn't even know her name to begin with. Jaemin was about to ask about her when Jeno introduced them to each other.

“You wanna join us?” Jeno asked.

Jaemin shook his head. He was starving and food was his priority now. Jaemin sat there for another minute or so for an opportunity to ask if Jeno was going to join him for lunch but he didn't see any sign. Jeno and Jiya we're pretty much into each other talking about the subject.

He called Haechan and Renjun instead.

“Wow, that's a quick character development from her side,” Renjun said when Jaemin told them why Jeno didn't join them.

Jaemin had to spend his time preparing for the exam by himself and didn't have the time to ask Jeno to accompany him, he was pretty sure he didn't have time for that either. Those derivations, numerical and concepts were eating his head.