three

The next morning, Jeno was having the climax of his fantasy dream. It was right at the moment, it almost felt like killing Voldemort, Sherlock realizing the hint and solving the case, or even being the great and perfect man like Captain America or -

He was just seconds away when his phone buzzed loudly. Well, it was not loud for his preference but he can't be blamed, even dropping a nail sounds like a nuclear explosion in waking hours. Jeno woke up with a whine and picked up the phone. 

“Hello?” 

“If you don't wake up in the next millisecond, our math professor is going to differentiate you and serve you for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.” he heard Jaemin speaking very casually. 

“Oh SHIT!” Jeno's eyes widened as he jumped out of his bed rushing to the bathroom.

“Yep. It's the next thing you're going to eat. SHIT.” Jaemin ridiculed.

“Shut up,” Jeno screamed, brushing his teeth while he was packing his bag, and stuffed all the necessary things he needed for the day. 

Damn, he needs to clean. It feels like he was living in a landfill. Isn't that ironic for someone who works at a bookstore and loves organizing?

“Jaemin-ah, are you already outside?” he asked as he washed his face. 

“Yes, Sir. Waiting for you for the past 15mins at your service.” 

He hurriedly lounged into his clothes and lastly looked into the mirror and rushed out of the house. Jaemin was already on his bike looking into his phone and was looking back at him. 

“Let's go,” Jeno said, locking his house and plugging his earphones in. Jaemin seemed way ahead of him and Jeno had no intention of being the first. 

It was the early morning air that was bothering him. “Sleep-breaking spell” he loved to call it. He internally just asked for that extra 5mins sleep, is that too much to ask for?

“Catch up, Zeno lee,” Jaemin screamed as they turned into the University grounds and parked their bikes. 

Jeno's lectures went as monotonous as they do every day. It was like any other day for Jeno but he was missing his comfort zone. He sipped coffee in the canteen and yawned and placed his head on Jaemin's shoulder who was talking about a recent drama he and Haechan were watching. 

“Gotta stay up,” Renjun said looking at Jeno's tired face. “We are doing this tomorrow again and it's just Tuesday.” 

“Don't remind me.” Jeno cried as he buried his face deeper into Jaemin's hoodie.  

“Organic chemistry?” Jaemin began looking into his lecture notes. “Serve me for breakfast, lunch, and dinner,” he said, satisfied. Before Jeno can glare at him, Haechan interrupted.

“Kimchi jjigae?” he paused, licking his lips. “Hit me up for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Every day, any day.” He paused munching into his lunch receiving a blank stare from Jaemin. “Cheers!” he added, raising his cola smartly. Immediately the table was filled with laughter and Jeno got up waving and rushed to his English class, his usual.  

The day for some reason felt so weird. He hoped at least going biking with Jaemin might lift his mood. 

In the evening, he was done with his shift but when he was going home, he met Jiya. 

“Can we please study today?” she begged. “I need your help...”

Would it be okay if he said he had plans? 

He couldn't say anything for a few minutes. “I mean, it's okay if you have plans…” 

Jeno breathed out in relief.