𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 16: 𝑵𝑨𝑹𝑹𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑽𝑬; 𝑻𝑰𝑲𝑻𝑶𝑲

I walk up to the Hype House door, because me and Vinnie had plans to hang out today. Thomas opens the door, giving me a worried smile on his face. "What? What's wrong?" I ask. "Where's Vinnie?"

"He's in his room, but he won't let anyone in. He kinda just shut down 20 minutes ago." He explains. I sigh, knowing exactly what he means.

From the time Vinnie and I met to now, i've gotten use to his depressive episodes he has sometimes. Whether it's a facetime call, or just texting him to distract him, i've always been able to distract him and make him feel better.

"Okay, i've got it." I reassure him. He sends me a smile, before walking away. I move further into the hallway, making my way towards Vinnie's room. I stop in front of his closed door, sighing.

"Vinnie." I call out. After a few seconds of silence, I place my hand on the doorknob. "V, it's me." I say, hoping he'll let me in.

I hear shuffling on the other side of the door, so I step back. Suddenly the door opens and a very tired looking Vinnie is revealed in front of me.

His long curly hair was in a mess on top of his head, he had bags under his eyes, he didn't bother putting a shirt on, the spider tattoo in the middle of his chest visible. "Hey." I say to him, my voice soft.

"Hey, I'm sorry but I don't feel like going out today, I'm just not feeling it." He says, a guilty look on his face.

"It's fine Vinnie, do you wanna do something here?" I ask him. He rubs his hands over his face, looking back down at me. "I honestly just wanna stay in bed and do nothing." He says, an airy laugh following.

I laugh with him, feeling a bit better because he's smiling. "Then that's exactly what we'll do." I say pointing into his room. His eyebrows raise slightly, as he looks back at his room. "Wait really? You don't have to, I don't want you moping around with me." He responds.

"Vinnie, i'm offering to stay with you because I want to, now stop being difficult and let me in." I laugh. He looks at me for a few seconds, a look in his eye that I can't decipher.

"Yeah, yeah sure." He lets out, a smile on his face. My smile brightens with his as he grabs my hand, pulling me into his room, closing the door behind him.

For the next hour and a half, all we did was lay on his bed, venting to each other, making jokes here and there and random conversation. We were sat up against his headboard now, my head on his shoulder, while he was playing a video game on his tv.

I look up at the tv, watching him make multiple kills, getting a little curious. "Will you teach me to play?" I ask, genuinely curious. He looks down at me slightly before looking back at the game. "What you wanna learn how to play this?" He asks. I roll my eyes at his question. "Duh, I just said that idiot." I say.

He laughs at my tone, poking my side slightly. "This game is really hard to explain honestly, but I could teach you how to use the controller." He offers.

I nod my head and he hands me the controller. I grab it from him and he instantly laughs. "What?" I ask, a confused look on my face. "Liz you're holding it wrong." He laughs.

"You hold it." He starts before grabbing the controller and readjusting my hands on it. I laugh a few times as he repositions my hands. After a few seconds he gets it right and I look up at him only to notice how close our faces are to each other.

I think he notices too, because he looks down at me and I swear I saw his eyes flicker to my lips. If I just leaned forward a few inches, our lips would touch, but I wasn't sure if he wanted that. I then notice that his hands are still on mine, from fixing the controller. The tension between us was clearly there, I just didn't know where it came from.