𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 25: 𝑵𝑨𝑹𝑹𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑽𝑬

ELIZABETH'S POV
I step out of my steaming shower, ringing my wet, dark brown curls out. I wrap a towel around my body, and make my way to my room. I rummage through my drawer to find and oversized shirt to throw on, when my hand stops on a specific piece of clothing. I look over and spot the Purgatory hoodie that Vinnie gave me.

It was a custom, classic black and purple Purgatory hoodie, with my nickname "Lizzy" in bold purple print on the back. He had surprised me with it about a month ago, after I told him how much I liked his new designs. Before I had the chance to pick it up, my doorbell rang, interrupting my thoughts.

I wince as I look down at my body, realizing I had nothing but my towel on. I curse under my breath, quickly scrambling to the door, tightening the towel around me. I look through the peephole, seeing a head of blonde hair.

My eyes widen, and I roll my eyes slightly. I crack the door open, only showing my head. "What." I greet him quickly. Vinnie looks startled to see me, but quickly recovers.

"Can I come in, I just had to drop some stuff off here." He says, trying to read my expression. "Uh, sure. Just hold on." I tell him, raising my finger and shutting the door in his face.

I sprint to my room, grabbing a pair of black biker shorts and throwing them on. I look around for a top, and my eyes snap to the hoodie hanging out of my dresser. I groan, grabbing it, and throwing it on.

I run back to the door, fully clothed this time, and try to act as normal as possible. "Come in." I say, giving him a closed lipped smile. He steps in, taking in the familiar scent of my home. I look down at his hands, noticing a few items in his hand. "Oh— here's some stuff you left in my suitcase." He says, following me to the kitchen.

"Thanks, you can set it on the counter." I say, rummaging through the cabinets. After a few moments of silence, I turn back towards him, ready to speak. "Is that all you came here for?" I question him.

"No, it's my week with Hera remember?" He says. That's when it hits my brain that he was supposed to come and pick her up to take her back to the Hype House for a little while. She had been with me ever since we got back from New York about 3 weeks ago. "Oh! Yeah sorry, I completely forgot." I respond.

Vinnie lets out a small chuckle, the silence returning. It wasn't really awkward silence to say the least. I hopped onto the counter, as he seemed to watch my every movement. Once i'm situated, I maintain eye contact with him, tilting my head to the side slightly.

I take the time to analyze him. His fresh haircut he has gotten, his long blonde curls replaced with a messy mullet-like hairdo. The blue t-shirt he had on, that complimented his skin tone, paired with stacked silver necklaces, and the one dangling earring he knew I loved.

I sigh, looking down at my hands, while Vinnie places his on the counter behind him. "This isn't a break up Vinnie, don't treat it like one." I say, fighting the urge to cry.

"Well it feels like one." He speaks up, the necklaces on his neck making noise. I give him a blank look, laughing humorlessly. "Well guess who's fault that is?" I say, sarcasm clear in my tone.

He sighs, pushing himself from the counter. "Liz, i'm sorry okay? You wanna know why I wanted to let all of this go?" He asks, getting noticeably closer.

"It would help to know, yeah." I roll my eyes.

"Because i'm scared." He sighs. "Of what?" I ask, giving him a confused look. "Of something going wrong. What we have already is so amazing, and I don't want the world, or whatever my supporters have to say about you to jeopardize that." He speaks soft, but firmly.

"Vinnie, i don't care what the world, or any one of your supporters has to say about us. Because at the end of the day, we're us and that's all that matters. I don't think it was fair how you played with my feelings the way you did, just because you were afraid. If you were scared about this whole thing, you should've told me, instead of running away when things got a little tough." I explain.

"I know. I know that, and that's why I came over here, because I realized as soon as I pushed you away how big of a mistake I made." He stops in front of me, not so sneakily, sliding his body in between my legs.

"Elizabeth, please tell me you understand." He pleads. I did understand. To a certain point. I would never fully understand what was going through his brain, but I didn't know if I was willing to go that deep into whatever we were, with him because if this is how we behaved over one small problem, were we really as good together as we thought?

"I don't know Vinnie. I really don't. I just don't want to go into this blind, and end up hurt again, because I really like you, and you know that, but if I'm just here as some sort of entertainment or distraction, let me know now, because I don't want to hurt again Vinnie."

I struggle to maintain eye contact, but he stops my roaming eyes, by placing his hand on my cheek, using his thumb to caress it. I absentmindedly lean into his touch, looking at him finally.

"Liz, I like you, and I don't expect you to forgive me at all, but i'm going to keep trying until you tell me to stop." He says, his voice low.

He slowly pulls me towards him, placing the softest of kisses on my lips. "I'm gonna show you I'm serious about this okay? You want me to reassure you? You got it. You want me to show you that I know we can make this work? Done. I care way too much about you to let you slip through my fingers, and I realize that now. Just give me another chance." He declares.

I look at him, going through all of the pros and cons that could come with this. Your classic over thinker here. I sigh, closing my eyes momentarily. "Okay." I say softly.

"Okay?" He repeats, perking up slightly.

"Yes, okay. Don't make me change my mind." I warn him. "Trust me, you won't." He smiles, pecking my lips once more, before finding Hera, and heading out the door.

Was I going to regret this?

ᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴀʟᴋ
if you think this is them making up.....keep dreaming😆 i know i didn't drag out this conflict much, but i'm gonna drag this whole second chance thing out as much as possible so have fun with that my loves lmaooo

but also thank you guys SO MUCH for 1k followers, that's such a crazy thing honestly and i'm still in shock from it, so i thought the least i could do is give you guys a little update because this seems to be everyone's favorite book of mine lolll

and also in the description of what he was wearing this chapter, this is the picture i had in my head bc i'm absolutely obsessed with it

if you haven't noticed it's also my pfp💅🏽